Marines

Zim

Spaceman
People,

I wonder, for my roleplaying game, what do the WCP marines walk around with? All my players decided to become pilots, but I just love playing my marines.

I made most of em walk around with <b>portable stormfire cannons</b> (much like the smart guns used in <i>Aliens</i>

But this may a bit too heavy, next to the fact that these weapons don't exist. (but my players don't know :D)

And do they use slugthrowers or energy weapons?

TIA,

MIZ

We don't really know much about marine weapons after the WC Movie... we do know, however, that Marines do not generally use energy weapons inside ships or space stations, they tend to rip through the hull.

TC

Ehh, we now plenty about Marine weapons after the movie... check out any of the Forstchen novels.

Generally, Marines use slugthrowers onboard ships -- we see it in the movie and in the WCIV novel (and in False Colors). They use variants of the fighter weapons on the ground -- lasers, neutrons, mass drivers...

I'm might be wrong, but IIRC, Seether used an energy pistol of some sort to put a new airhole in some poor saps head in WC4. I know he's not a marine, but it's an example of an energy weapon being used in a ship. LOAF, please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally posted by TC
We don't really know much about marine weapons after the WC Movie... we do know, however, that Marines do not generally use energy weapons inside ships or space stations, they tend to rip through the hull.

Wait a second. I thought it was the other way around...

They don't use ammo weapons inside ships because the bullets could rupture the hull. Instead, they use energy weapons.

Originally posted by WildWeasel

Wait a second. I thought it was the other way around...

They don't use ammo weapons inside ships because the bullets could rupture the hull. Instead, they use energy weapons.

Nah. Energy weapons are much more destructive than a bullet. I imagine durasteel or whatever the hell they make hulls out of are pretty bulletproof. Don't think they're mass driver proof though.

Weasel, you're thinking of AS, where a high velocity jacketed round would puncture the hull of the station. This was a discarded cargo container and probably didn't have what would be considered a 'strong' hull.

TC

Originally posted by Catscratch
I'm might be wrong, but IIRC, Seether used an energy pistol of some sort to put a new airhole in some poor saps head in WC4. I know he's not a marine, but it's an example of an energy weapon being used in a ship. LOAF, please do correct me if I'm wrong.

No, you're right -- but the energy sidearms pilots wear (WC2, WC4, etc) are issued for surviving a downed fighter (on a planet), and not for shooting radar officers or captains. :)

How common was it for pilots to carry other forms of weaponry, besides the standard issue Laser pistol? IIRC, didn't Grunt have a laser rifle from his Marine days shoved in his fighter?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
No, you're right -- but the energy sidearms pilots wear (WC2, WC4, etc) are issued for surviving a downed fighter (on a planet), and not for shooting radar officers or captains.

Then isn't it dangerous for Hunter to be flying carrying around a sidearm during WCM?

Ok, remember the fight where Vagabond was killed? Energy weapons were involved. End of story.

Actually, that just continues to the thread, Wulf.

TC: I'm sure those sidearms have safetys but thats still a helluva risk to carry on a fighter if it has a chance of going off in a cockpit. I just hope Hunter doesn't carry it under his arm while piloting.

He doesn't even necessarily carry it on his person -- it'd just be somewhere in his fighter in the event of a crash on an enemy planet.

That's right. Pilots these days have sidearms, even machine-guns, along with food, etc., fit into storage on their seat. After landing somewhere from ejecting, they just reach back and grab their survival gear.

if u watch the wca episode where blair and that other pilot crash on the planet where theres a kat, they get guns out from a compartment in the seat, ergo they have guns with em, and ina safe place

Back