Mantu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's called Clarke's first law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Fenris
And aren't the novels canon?

Well, I'm pretty sure some things you in the novels you have to disregard. For example, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't say Flint's dad is dead when WC3 says he's merely retired. Oh, well.

Originally posted by Supdon3
Whose to say they advance in technology at the same rate that we do. Look at the Kilrathi. They were in space two thousand yearas before us yet we we're BETTER than them when we met, technology wise. Sure, they didnt actually create any of their space technology, but it didnt advance a whole lot after that.

That's the whole point. The Kilrathi took their technology. When they don't steal tech, they don't get any new tech. Scientist isn't exactly an honorable job.

The Kilrathi weren't in space 2000 years before us!

They only got their space technology once the Shata/Utara started to give it to them... In the 23rd or 24th centuries! We're 300 years ahead of THEM!

But unfortunately, not 300 years ahead of the Shata.

I always wanted to learn more about the other races in WC. What is there anyway?

Terran, Kilrathi, Nephilim, Mantu, Wu, Dolosians, Mopoks, Double-Helix, Firekkans, Hari, more?

I'd also like to know about this 'aligned peoples' the Nephilim spoke about. It's been said they were working for a higher power or whatever, i'd like to know just who these people are.

As I stated before:

The Mopok Race
The Firekkan Planetary Alliance
The Nephilim
The Double Helix Race
The Steltek
The Mantu
The Utara
The Hari
The Varni
The Wu
The Eyoka
The Jarma
The Hagarin
The Gorth
The Sorn
The Yan
The Ka
The Shata

Also, in the WCA cartoons:

Dioscuri, Dolosians, Oasians

Any more?!

And yeah, I'd love to find out more about the Aligned Peoples... I think they put that one there to edge us up for what was coming... what was supposed to be coming :(

Originally posted by gryphon
Four thousand years ago, you could have shown up with a windup grammophone and people would think you're God...
Pehaps, but that's not exactly akin to being executed in an excruciating manner, and then returning to life three days later.

Really, keep things related to WC, just the fact that so many knock on Christianity instead of other 'religions' (intentional or otherwise) is almost evidence in itself that something is special about it.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Originally posted by gryphon
Four thousand years ago, you could have shown up with a windup grammophone and people would think you're God...
Pehaps, but that's not exactly akin to being executed in an excruciating manner, and then returning to life three days later.

1000 years ago if you showed up with a grammophone they would have burned you as a witch.
Really, keep things related to WC, just the fact that so many knock on Christianity instead of other 'religions' (intentional or otherwise) is almost evidence in itself that something is special about it.

everyone likes to take a snipe at the guy at the top. theres nothing that really distingusehes christianity from probably a hundered other religions through time. if you want to debate this with me we should take it to email. even spacebattles is leary of religious debates.

I never wanted to start a 'religious' debate. And Christianity is hardly at the 'top'. I wanted people to stop - as you say, taking snipes - at others. Keep this a WC board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back