Looking for volunteers for a WCTO test game

May I also suggest we make some of the updates we discussed about the chaffs; specifically go back and look at our proposed changes to have no front-arc affects, a reduced side-arc affect for 'smart' weapons that have guidance, and have dumb fires only affected in the rear arc.
The front arc is already ruled out in the new version of the manual. Don't know if I just forgot to mention it or if it was already part of the "old" version 0.14.
Chaff pod effectiveness is reduced by 1 if a missile approaches from a ship's side arc. I deliberately left this rule untouched for now, since after playing Arena with Mekt-Hakkikt, we both noticed the decoys are actually released to the left, right and rear arc... Which means DF missiles approaching from either side could be affected as well. Not sure if I'll leave it at that, but it will definitely be version 0.15 then. ;)

Oh, and here's a preliminary ranking of the scenarios:
1. Destroyer Battle
2. Asteroid Ambush
3. Capship Arena
(It's pretty close, though.)

As you can see, I've returned from my (exhausting) weekend, so I'll start setting up the new game tomorrow. :)

Hey Ironduke.

I sent you my contact information over PM. I'd like to do the Capship Arena battle as a Confederation Gilgamesh Class Destroyer.

The front arc is already ruled out in the new version of the manual. Don't know if I just forgot to mention it or if it was already part of the "old" version 0.14.
Chaff pod effectiveness is reduced by 1 if a missile approaches from a ship's side arc. I deliberately left this rule untouched for now, since after playing Arena with Mekt-Hakkikt, we both noticed the decoys are actually released to the left, right and rear arc... Which means DF missiles approaching from either side could be affected as well. Not sure if I'll leave it at that, but it will definitely be version 0.15 then. ;)

Ah, well if the chaff *does* have a side release, then reduced effectiveness makes less sense... but from a gameplay advantage, your -1 will probably keep things more balanced.

Glad to hear front-arc charff is out.

Will you be releasing the v0.15 in time for Monday's game?

-A

Well, what can I say... We have a tie! Here's the final results:

Asteroid Ambush: 2 votes
Capship Arena: 2 votes
Destroyer Battle: 2 votes

Some of you also named alternatives, so if I'm giving 3 points for every first vote, 2 points for every second vote and 1 point for every third point, it's still a tie:

Capship Arena: 8 points
Destroyer Battle: 8 points
Asteroid Ambush: 6 points

So it's either Capship Arena or Destroyer Battle. Taking a look at the factions you chose:

Kilrathi:
floundericiousMI
QuailPilot

Terran:
Guilherme
Sylvester

Not specified:
Avacar
Mekt-Hakkikt
Panda
snip63

If we're playing Capship Arena, I have to even out the factions (4 vs. 4), with no limitations on fighter choice.
For Destroyer Battle, Pip could join in and we could play 5 Kilrathi vs. 4 Terran pilots. (Confed pilots can choose between the Epee, Ferret and Rapier II; Kilrathi pilots can choose between the Sartha, Drakhri and Jalkehi.)

So, what'll it be?

(Side note on version 0.15: I'll wait until after this game with the release of a new version. For now, the new chaff rules are included in the updated 0.14 version.)

Edit: Wing Commander: Tactical Operations has a new sub-forum now! Click here to go there and discuss all things WCTO related! :) (Thanks, CIC!)

Hi all,
I'm a friend of Avacar; he invited me to join in for this round. If it's still possible to join the scenario, I'd like to do so. (Preferably on Avacar's side, but I don't mind terribly either way.)

Back