Looking for volunteers for a WCTO test game

Just a quick update: Five songs are written, still one to go. On February 22, it's over - one way or the other. However, we'll then be moving out between Feb 23 and March 1. I hope my provider doesn't mess up with our internet connection... So in case I seem lost the next few weeks, don't fear! ;) I promise to resume our WCTO matches on a regular basis thereafter.

By the way, if someone feels like he could host an "online" match as well, I'd encourage that! You'd have to be comfortable with the rules, have an image editing program which supports layers (OR use VASSAL, see Guido381's post in the WCTO thread of the Fan Projects & Editing forum) and some spare time on your hands. (Of course, I'm only saying this because I'd love to be able to play myself. :p)

Sorry, I don't think I have the spare time to run a game at this point, but I'll definitely join the next one hosted...

"Good news, everyone: I'm still technically alive." :p
Internet's finally working in our new apartment., though it's still a mess. And I really got the scholarship (strike!) - as well as the flu. Hopefully I'll be able to host a new game within the next two weeks!
And since Easter holidays are coming up, I thought I could maybe run a quick game over IRC (#wingnut)...

I am sorry to read about the scholarship but congratulations on getting the flu! :p

And of course, congratulations of having only minor-to-major problems with the Deutsche Telekom. You're a lucky guy.

Anyway, I'd like to join a new TacOps game but I'll be away in March from the 20th to the 25th and from the 27th to the 31st. So maybe you'd want else to take part.

I'll be away from March 14th to March 22nd, but I can participate anyway. Playing on IRC would be a little harder, but possibly still doable. It would be great if we could do that, and have lots of spectators.

Actually, you may want to set up a separate channel for the game, as there can be (though more often than not isn't) enough traffic to interfere with it.

"/join #WCTOtest" (or whatever channel name you want) to make the channel, and if you want to keep it for a while, "/msg chanserv register [channel] [password] [short purpose message]" to register the channel with the chanserver, which will reserve it for the registering party and anyone they allow operator status, so random asshats can't come in and screw things over.

There is, BTW, a way to send private messages in IRC. "/msg [recipient] [message]", or in mIRC double-click on the target's name, in the channel occupant list on the left to pop up a /msg window.

Beyond that, "/msg chanserv help" and "/msg nickserv help" should get you started on the finer details of IRCing, which aren't really all that relevant to this thread.

I'm in for another e-mail game, but I'm too busy in the next while to dedicate the time to a more rapid IRC game.

May I play the next game?
I'll make it short: Yes! :)

We're still a bit unorganized in our new home, but the new game will definitely start no later than March 17. (I hope to get things rolling earlier.)

Just a quick survey: Would you rather like playing the old scenario with switched roles or something completely new (scenario, team battle or free-for-all)?

Remember that we'll be playing with the most recent set of rules, so be sure to download them right here while you're waiting for the new game to start. :)

You choose, both are fine for me :)
And good luck at your new home!

Ruleset 0.14, right?

And of course, thank you for let me play :)

(Ahh, I apologize for any English error present in my replies)

I'll make it short: Yes! :)

We're still a bit unorganized in our new home, but the new game will definitely start no later than March 17. (I hope to get things rolling earlier.)

Just a quick survey: Would you rather like playing the old scenario with switched roles or something completely new (scenario, team battle or free-for-all)?

Remember that we'll be playing with the most recent set of rules, so be sure to download them right here while you're waiting for the new game to start. :)

I'd prefer something completely different. Something mission based, though. How about an attack on an asteroid base? With rocks, dogfighting, and torpedo runs, that will make things really crazy.

Well, we could help the TCS Concordia from the last game....
I'm TCS Concordia! (hehehe :p).
It'll be a good playtest for the Capital Ships.... they haven't shown their faces around here, yet. (except TCS Bewoulf)

I'm interested in the next play by mail game, though if we have enough people, I think a carrier duel with several fighter compliments would be fun.

A few days before you get going, you might send us your specific dates, ground rules and so on so we can post something in the news to get more players involved.

Back