Looking for volunteers for a WCTO test game

If I understood Ironduke correctly, he said he'll return sunday and probably face a pile of work and only after clearing that pile of work he'll return to TacOps.

If I understood Ironduke correctly, he said he'll return sunday and probably face a pile of work and only after clearing that pile of work he'll return to TacOps.
You got it. And by the way, I have returned. :p

I'll have a lot of work to do the next few weeks, but if it works out (never mind the pun), it'll be another big jump-start for my career. I'm wondering just how many more I can take... :eek: ;)

Well then, only one thing left to do for me: ram the destroyer and thus destroying it, thanks to the antimatter explosives attached to my Drakhri's hull (curtesy of the tumbleweedpeople).

Shall we duke it out or can we settle for a draw? :p

Pip, Quailpilot: it was an honour flying with you and of course, I'll rip my throat out for failing to defend you.

Double kill shot.

Nice.

Kilrathi pilots, I salute your ashes. Except for the one behind me. I get clear of him and let my (much less damaged) wingmen take him out.

And that is how it is done.

Good game overall; I'm willing to play out the death of our fighter (or getting the Beowulf across the screen) but we've finished our Secondary objective, which also means that we can't fail at the Primary, even if all three of us were to perish. I'm willing to play it out, though, if Mekt-Hakkikt wants to give a go at getting a kill on Tango 1, while fending all three of us off.

That said, a bit of feedback on that last turn: I'm not convinced Tango 3 should have been allowed to get an HS lock on the bomber... it doesn't make a difference since he was dead three different ways, but I was surprised this was allowed. Isn't the angle too steep, coming from a side-arc and not a rear-arc?

I'm also a bit confused about the chaff rolls; we have 2 'no effect' chaff rolls, and one 'detonates nearby for 8 damage' and yet right below, all 3 missiles appear to hit dead-on... Explain?

I also, I wish to claim partial credit for the Koractu 1 kill.

I'm not convinced Tango 3 should have been allowed to get an HS lock on the bomber...
Now that you mention it: Yes, Tango 3 wasn't behind his target. Somehow I just looked at the fire arc. It probably slipped my attention since my head was full of seminar stuff before I left...

I'm also a bit confused about the chaff rolls; we have 2 'no effect' chaff rolls, and one 'detonates nearby for 8 damage' and yet right below, all 3 missiles appear to hit dead-on... Explain?
Plain mistake on my behalf. In End Phase, I write down all missiles first, then do the chaff rolls, then take out the missiles accordingly. In this case, I forgot to delete one HS missile. (Yet another reason why someone should really port this game: You wouldn't depend on a sometimes absentminded host like me. :p)

Ah, I knew it was Ironduke's fault! :p :D

Well if you want to see who's going to get my kill, we can play one or two more rounds. But maybe it's a waste of Ironduke's time.

Ah, I knew it was Ironduke's fault! :p :D

Well if you want to see who's going to get my kill, we can play one or two more rounds. But maybe it's a waste of Ironduke's time.

I think he's got a lot of work to take care of in the next few weeks. Why don't we give him a break and then play another game when he's less busy?

Are we going to redo the scenario with sides switched? If not, then, what will we do? Also, who will be the moderator?

I think he's got a lot of work to take care of in the next few weeks. Why don't we give him a break and then play another game when he's less busy?
Thanks for caring, and thanks for your patience! I still have to write two (and a half) songs, but I might just finish them within the next two weeks. We can restart the "Ambush at Gwynedd" scenario or get something else up and running by the end of February one way or the other. We'll then use the new set of rules (version 0.14) for these games.
After that, I'll probably try to run a mini campaign...

Eh, just send in your Wing Commander-song from last year and BAM! that scholarship will be yours! :D

Anyway, good luck!

Eh, just send in your Wing Commander-song from last year and BAM! that scholarship will be yours! :D
Nah, that wouldn't work... They want original pieces, and they want German lyrics. I'm still lacking 2.5 songs, with two weeks to go until deadline. It's gonna be a tough call, but I hope I can make it. Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed! ;)

Back