look what I found

He looks just like a cat without any hair. This supports my theory that the Kilrathi that attacked Earth in the movie were just members of a fanatical clan or cult that decided to shave most of their hair off as a sacrifice to Sivar (or something like that).

I guess its possible

Ya know how in Star Trek where the Klingons in the beginning of the show didn't have the bumps on their foreheads? Well, maybe the Kilrathi in the beginning didn't have any fur, and like the Klingons did some genetic manipulation? I have no idea. Either way it is wrong. VERY wrong.

I doubt that it's something as massive or widespread as genetic manipulation. Besides, we see Kilrathi with fur in the first episode of Wing Commander Academy, which takes place before the movie.

He looks just like a cat without any hair. This supports my theory that the Kilrathi that attacked Earth in the movie were just members of a fanatical clan or cult that decided to shave most of their hair off as a sacrifice to Sivar (or something like that).

crazy decenants of Mr. Bigglesworth!!!

Re: I guess its possible

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
Ya know how in Star Trek where the Klingons in the beginning of the show didn't have the bumps on their foreheads? Well, maybe the Kilrathi in the beginning didn't have any fur, and like the Klingons did some genetic manipulation?

According to Rodenbery (sp?), the reason that the Klingons looked different in ST:TOS and everything since then, is because the original transmissions from the future that detailed the Star Trek continuities were garbled, and screwed up the appearence of the original Klingons.

Edit: Ergo, the Klingons were a retcon, and have ALWAYS had bumps on their foreheads (even when they didn't).

Re: Re: I guess its possible

Originally posted by junior

According to Rodenbery (sp?), the reason that the Klingons looked different in ST:TOS and everything since then, is because the original transmissions from the future that detailed the Star Trek continuities were garbled, and screwed up the appearence of the original Klingons.

Edit: Ergo, the Klingons were a retcon, and have ALWAYS had bumps on their foreheads (even when they didn't).

I know another version: the "old" Klingons that crossed the Neutral Zone were genetically modified so the other races wouldn´t know the Klingons real nature.

(We all know the real reason, though: they didn´t have good make-up techniques in the 1960´s.) ;)

People complaining about the Klingons need to be shot in the head, neck and chest.

If the Klingons were "guys with beards" in modern Star Trek we'd all vomit in terror.

Complaining about Klingons ... NEVER!

Well, I wasn't complaining about the Klingons. I merely compared them to the Kilrathi of the first movie. I remember hearing something about the fact that the Klingons actually would have had the makeup like in the recent shows if they had had the special effects like they do today. Such we have seen in ENTERPRISE. The klingons actually have the head pieces and what not.

Kling-ons, Kling-gons

I just choose to believe they always looked the same, makes it easier that way :D

But I'm still amused that they changed the pronounciation from the original Kling-gon with a "hard" G, to the modern Kling-on (soft g).

Back