LOL a weird way to kill Seether WC4

Oh, now we got a zombie thread around the board.
tongue.gif

I knew it had to be Chip.
smile.gif

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our neck before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Kahlil Gibran

Member of the LMG(Centaurian)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can honestly say I've never had a problem with fighting Seether. I always just parked and charged up my Fission cannons....and waited....

Now, I guess this is something new for me to try.

Ah, I remember this. Even posted twice on it.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Well, you can and you can't fight Seether in another ship, it just doesn't last long. There is one mission in the Confed (evil) route where Seether is you wingman in a Longbow. If you decide to betray confed right there and take on Seether, you get to fight, for a whole 2 minutes until the "Traitors never win" screen appears.

2 minutes should be enough. A spread of dumbfires up his unsuspecting ass and byebye Mr. Überpilot.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

That's dishonourable. But then again, neither is the Black Lance. Of course, Blair didn't know about that then.

All is fair in love, war and treason
smile.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Good ol' Treason. Nothing beats Treason.
wink2.gif

'Cept for rock. ~laughs~
wink2.gif

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

[This message has been edited by Anagram (edited September 16, 2000).]

Wedge,
Yeah, Im SURE you've never even thought about firing on a wingman.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Of course I have. In a thread somewhere I got it rubbed in just cos I mentioned I killed off wingmen as an experiment.

I don't usually revive old threads, but I just wanted to say I had a go at killing Seether with decoys, and boy, whatta "true challenge" that was!

"I have failed! Arrgh!" Ha ha!

Just a general question. What do you guys think is the best way to kill Seether? Annihilate him right away & proving that master race theory is pure & utter crap. Or letting him think he has a chance & then wasting him. Or the ultimate humiliation - leeching him :p

I just like killing him whichever way I feel like... sometimes I can put up with his face-you-fire-a-few-shots-and-run-like-a-chicken tactics, but most times I just decoy his face off.

Originally posted by Penguin
Just a general question. What do you guys think is the best way to kill Seether? Annihilate him right away & proving that master race theory is pure & utter crap. Or letting him think he has a chance & then wasting him. Or the ultimate humiliation - leeching him :p

Personally, I try to kill him ASAP. Not that it's terribly easy, the way the "superior pilot" he is always runs like a scared little girl. :p

More seriously, he's an AI. Better than the average AI, perhaps, but still just a subroutine of the game's programing. Why bother with trying to humiliate a few hundred lines of code?

hmmm...i dunno about all ur ways of killing him...in the end i just got a bit bored...so i thought i might take the long way and do battle for about 5-10 minutes depending on how long it would take...either just firing crack shots at him for a while or i would just burn off, letting him shoot missiles at me, cloak, wait for teh missiles to burn out, uncloak etc etc...and then finally get him with my missiles..

The discussion on decoys in WC

A decoy is designed to: to get something to go to that decoy. There are several kinds of decoys. The decoys used in WC are primarily designed to simulate infrared signatures of engines. The ideal decoy would have the following characteristics:

*Compressible (so it could be compressed like an accordion so it could be stored efficiently inside a fighter for use)
*Expandable (so it could expand like an accordion into the shape of the fighter to look like that fighter to confuse visual image recognition systems -- that's the time to cloak -- when the imrecs have locked on, just cloak and let the imrecs chase the decoys they see
*IFF broadcasting -- it would broadcast IFFs to divert IFF missiles away (those missiles that are set to attack units broadcasting foe freqs)
*infrared emitting -- the decoy would emit infrared signatures to attract heat seekers

Back