LOL a weird way to kill Seether WC4

It isn't really THAT odd if you think about it... to destroy the missiles the decoys need to be explosive therefore the decoys will destroy a ship if you use enough of them. WC games are fairly bug free as far as games go.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

"Fairly" being the key word
i could throw down a list of bugs i seen but i'd prolly sound like a jerk if i did

The Nephilem...
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm thats one i must have missed in my original outlook :p
the ones i notice most in truth is polly gapping in models and scenes (wc3-4 yet some in WCP to)

why does this thread remind me of B.U.T.T. missiles?

Oh yeah, someone suggested a while ago that some missile launchers should be mounted backwards...

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited January 11, 2000).]

That's not a bad idea. I would sure make it easier to get an enemy fighter off your tail. Then again you could just launch decoys.
smile.gif

DAMN! That trick actually works!! I wonder how. Decoys have no explosive power... They make the missiles detonate it doesn't blow them up with its own power... weird..

I knew this worked against K'Ha'Hafs but not agains Seether...
smile.gif

------------------
Evilution!

FINNALLY someone tested it
see TC i not the only one who knows it works
:p

Rear firing missles eh? I remember this weird ass flying game that had a missle called the backwinder on it. It had a heat seeker in its tail and if you got someone on your tail you could launch. That game was wacked, though, I had it on my 386.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Would be cool to have missiles that fire to the back in WC. Even if just RPs they could scare someone of your tail.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Mosquitos would work well.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

I'm not to sure about my answer but I think that decoys are used to simulate the engine exhaust port which is what seeking missiles lock on to . They either lock on to it because of the heat it emits or because of the glow from the engines. A more plausible idea is that if a missle is coming at you and is programmed to come after you and you only then it won't have the sensor abilities that your ship has , like collision detection systems and things of that sort. Its just like throwing a glove in baseball in front of your face to keep the ball from smashing into your head. I also KNOW that that explanation was overly simplified and that if you did not understand it to please beat yourself over the head repeatedly .(I was joking.)

MadDog243 who needs Mosquitos (by the way they're RPs too) Experienced pilots can fire the Dragonflys and miss maybe only onece in ten times.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

The way the decoys work in the engine is that when they hit something they explode (that's how the missiles get destroyed and why shields flare when they are hit with decoys.) So logically if one decoy creates a small amount of damage, a bunch at once will cause a large amount of damage.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

(ny turn to go OT)one thing that bugs me bout these rank icons here
they aren't of the same design as those in WC
the medal for SM's is right but the rest aren't
i felt like posting it here so :p

Too bad they didn't include that in WCP...

But then again, there are other games *ahem*, where you have a countermeasure that in fact is a small warhead that whacks itself on the missile that's locked onto you. If there's no missile locked, it acts as a B.U.T.T. missile. Why not have something like that?

smile.gif

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

I've used the decoy on Seether trick before. Accidentally discovered it because I got so cautious of the missiles -- had my decoys on auto launch.

Back