Loaf's Carrier List

Dragon1

Rear Admiral
Hello everybody, I was wondering if anyone had a link or a copy of the carrier list Loaf wrote up a couple of years ago. Thanks.

Hey, Dundradal, I'm seeing Lieutenant Hunter whenever I try to hit the link for the .doc file in the "Ship's List Again" article you linked there. Does that file actually exist, or is the full list pretty well covered by the first article?

Hmmm...Kris might be able to answer what's up with the file. I just did a quick search of WCPedia to see if the file was there (Kris started moving the download links for the CIC to WCPedia so there's a big list of most of those downloads here. But it doesn't have the ship list.

I'm a bit annoyed I can't find it. I thought I'd linked it on WCPedia somewhere....I'm sure LOAF has it on his home machine that he can upload.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe those two lists were the same... and that the web version is a bit more recent. It desperately needs to be updated for Arena, though...

But if there was some other carrier list you were thinking of then I can try and dig it up for you.

It might have been a spreadsheet IIRC. I remember it had multiple columns for service life and things like that.

Sorry about the delayed response, I just got home from vacation. The list I am looking for is the spreadsheet that Dundradal mentioned.

Thanks guys, that is exactly the one I was looking for. Even if it is no longer really applicable, it forms an important part of the historiography of our community.

Okay, I'm looking at this now. I get embarassed by old stuff like this.

The big problem is that it makes too many assumptions, the silliest of which is that there must be 11 "Lexington class" carriers in 2668 (because an Armada campaign mode has 11 maps!) It also weirdly assumes that everything is Concordia-class, and that a few quotes in Action Stations and Fleet Action are enough to establish exactly what the production schedule for those carriers are. Also, it thinks that /every ship mentioned without a class/ is a Concordia-class carrier for some reason. Mostly it's trying to make something really rigid out of some distant floating facts.

We could probably make a new, looser one by listing what we know are carriers and when and mating that with the various quotes about carrier levels and carrier production from the novels.

Is there any evidence to show that the TCS Princeton was a newly completed Concordia-class Carrier in 2673? I remember from the WC4 dialog that it was undergoing "ad hoc repairs." It may make more sense if the Concordia-class construction schedule encompassed the mid 30s to the mid 40s.

Is there any evidence to show that the TCS Princeton was a newly completed Concordia-class Carrier in 2673? I remember from the WC4 dialog that it was undergoing "ad hoc repairs." It may make more sense if the Concordia-class construction schedule encompassed the mid 30s to the mid 40s.

That one's in the ship list...

WC4N p.256: “’And this, Colonel Blair, is your target, the TCS Princeton.’ The wall screen shifted again, showing a new Concordia-class fleet carrier…”

So it's canonical. The question, of course, is why the Confederation would opt to resume construction on a line of ships that first went into service in the '30s (always been my assumption - don't know if it's correct, of course - that the TCS Concordia destroyed during the McAullife Ambush was the first ship of the class) over 40 years later. It'd be like the U.S. scrapping all its Nimitz-class carriers in favor of the Essex-class...

Hey BanditLOAF, while I'm posting, do you have a key for all the references in the ship list anywhere? I can get most of them but there's a few that are escaping me.

Is it possible that the Princeton was a war-era reconstruction like the Lexington. Blair seemed to indicate that the Lexington was pretty much state-of-the-art in 2673, even though the ship was a rebuilt following the Battle of Earth in 2668. Perhaps the Princeton was rebuilt or modernized as well.

Back