Lets talk about...

Hero

Spaceman
2 things: 1. Bug size vs their fighters size.
2. The prophecy.

We all know that the bugs are huge, but their fighters aren't much bigger the ours. IIRC they said something about it in the WCP manual.

IMHO, The bugs would still come even if the Kats would have won the war. Only that in that case the Kats would go for a bug hunt (as said in the WCP manul). The reason I think that the bugs came to our space is not becase the Kats lost, but because they needed more space for their species (sp?). They just didn't have enough space in their teratory (sp?) so they came to ours just like they promised to the Kats (the prophecy).

Now talk to me people
smile.gif

------------------
Evilution!

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember what's said in the WCP manual... The bug's fighters have all the "eletronics", equipment, instruments and controls integrated on the walls of the cockpit and other parts of the fighter, thus leaving more space in the cockpit. If all the instruments we see on screen while playing WCP were just projected on the "windscreen", and the eletronics were integrated on the walls, we'd have much more room. Possibly enough to have a fighter with two pilots.

As for the bugs "expansive" manners, I really don't know if they needed more space or not. They could have come earlier...

Or they could have come thru Confed space, towards Kilrah, instead of just jumping directly there...

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited January 14, 2000).]

Hero you do of course realize that the bugs don't have to be the star gods the Prophecy talks about.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

The bugs refer to us as non aligned. It's assumed that the Kilrathi are their enemies. So the reason they came is too crunch the cats. The prophecy simply fits in nicely with this series of events.

Heck - the prophecy could even mean humans. After all we did destroy their home planet & kill off millions of them. "One with the heart of a Kilrathi but not Kilrathi born" - Blair the Heart of the Tiger.

But the bugs are the star gods from the prophecy: They wrote Natrak (sp?) inside the kat ship in the first mission.

------------------
Evilution!

Knathrak, I think the Kats wrote that themselves. It's never said who wrote it though.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

I don't think the Kats wrote that with they're own blood, that's not a thing they would do.

------------------
Evilution!

Well if you're a dying cat lying on the deck, and you want other cats that will come to see what the hell hapened to the ship you're on to know what happened, and you don't have anything to write with, then you write it in blood.

------------------

I don't think you'd have the time writing it after a bug guts you (look at the last movie again).

------------------
Evilution!

They could cut a big hole in you, and you could still be alive. The cats just wanted to let other cats now, what they thought it was.

------------------

If you saw a bug, you'd probably be so scared and wouldn't think about writing it.

------------------
Evilution!

Actualy I'm loking at a bug right now, but if you're talking about the bugs from Prophecy
smile.gif
yes I would be scared like hell, but those were Kilrathi, with all that honor and other crap, they would probably try to fight them even hand to hand (or whatever it is the bugs have) And when the bug finaly got one of the Cats, he could still have enough life left in him to write that.

------------------

What? You're not afraid from real bugs?
wink.gif

The kats wouldn't wast time writing it but would try to fight no matter how bad they're hurt.

------------------
Evilution!

Only the big ones.
wink.gif
I doubt a Cat would be able to fight if lets say he had one of his legs torn out, a whole in his chest the size of a human head, a lot of wounds all over his body. And overall he wouldn't be able to stand up and all he could do was write some letters in his own blod next to him.

Damn, if the ranks weren't down I would be a Major right now.
wink.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 15, 2000).]

Knathrak is a long word, the Kat would bleed to death before he'd finish writing it.

------------------
Evilution!

the proper spelling is Kn'Thrak with that little ' up there
the prophecy was writen the first Prophetist of Sivar
and Kn'Thrak is explained in it
listen to the intro of WCP
its states
"Kn'Thrak, a Time of great darkness shall embrace us"
also Zero finishes its defintion after the first mission

[This message has been edited by Chance (edited January 16, 2000).]

We know where it's explained, were just arguing who wrote the word on the Kilrathi ship in the first mission. Hero says the bugs did it, and I say there's no way to know who did it.

Hero- it isn't realy that long, and the Cats are much stronger than we are so they could write it even if they were dying.

------------------

ahh misread it then
i say that cats more than likely did
in the came didn't it say that it really had the cats spooked

So it's not that long, but it was written is BIG words. And it was written on the walls (a diying Kat couldn't have done that)
smile.gif

------------------
Evilution!

Actually, as I recall things, Hawk didn't say where "Kn'Thrak" was written, just that it was written in blood.

It's been a while, though, so I could be misremembering...

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Back