Let me get this straight...

the actors in P was one of the larger complaints, that the actors were subpar in comparison to the actors in previous WC games

Originally posted by Napoleon
Truthfully i have never played p2. :(
Find a copy, play it and you'll see why there is so much controversy over it.

My biggest gripe with WCP was not the actors (I've seen much much worse on TV) but the ease of the game. In all the previous games there were missions that I struggled with. In WCP I got none of that - even my 8 year old kid beat several of them - and that was on normal difficulty. There were no "white knuckle" missions that had me cursing the game and computer. Only a few missions forced me to play them more than once compared to the other games where I got my butt kicked over and over before beating them. P2 was similar.

P2 TD is not too bad but it does make you try to replay the game all over again IMHO.
WC P does lack some "feel" at some times, but its not a bad game, it can be hard but WC IV have more dificult missions,
the some missions in SO are "hard".

Some of P2's missions were real killers, though... and some were very original, which is something Prophecy could have used. (I mean, the complex math problem mission was fantastic...)

If you call it complex maths...but it was a great idea for a mission!

I must admit, I loved P2. However, I don't understand who Lev Arris' brother was, and what was that snake like thing around him? A futuristic feathered boa without the feathers? Fashion statement!

Originally posted by redwolf
If you call it complex maths...but it was a great idea for a mission!

I must admit, I loved P2. However, I don't understand who Lev Arris' brother was, and what was that snake like thing around him? A futuristic feathered boa without the feathers? Fashion statement!

His brother went on to succeed their father Val Ruccard (Kronos) in the family business Ruccard Interplanitary. But his brother was obsessed with power. Its the old story of dominance and control. Thus Sar, formed the Kindred clan and basically infiltrated government, private business, industries, just about everything. Sir Lev Aris was sick with an illness which they did not have a cure for so they froze him in a life pod. 20 years later, some of the Kindred operators saw their leader going nuts, due to the "sack" of anti aging drugs, which deformed him and altered his mind. Lev, in his persuit of finding out who he was after the Canera crash on Crius, found out all this information and decided to replace his brother and restore the good name to his family business. The rest is history.

RFBurns

Well, more complex than you'd expect for a Wing Commander game -- it led to having to answer many, many "WHAT IS THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION?" threads at agwc and the Origin board. :)

Originally posted by Supdon3
You know what would make me feel more into the game, would be if during the mission breifings or maybe if there was a star map you could go check, they would show you what system your in, what the nearby systems are, the jump points between them and what the mission goals are for getting the carrier to them. INstead of always just telling us, "we jumped into this system", then later "we jumped into the next system". If they actually showed us our path I would feel a greater sense of accomplishment if i could see on a map the carrier getting closer to the enemy home system or where there are enemy bases.

I definitely agree with that, but you see, I think it's because you got so INTO the game from the previous episoded, that you want a game for the fans, and not just for the casual customer who doesn't know anything about the Wing Commander universe, but just wants to play a fun combat space simulator game...

Because then yes, it would really be terrific for the WC fans to have such a game, where you can check/control all the parameters... but that option's gonna be solely for fans...

What they COULD have done, is maybe allow the option to be turned on/off, for those who don't give a damn about storylines... This way, everybody's happy, but they would probably think the effort that needed to be done for just the fans (considerably less than say, a Star wars game...) not worth it.

At any rate, I hear there are some mods/new episodes/3D movies being developed by fans themselves, who are in numbers, even though not as great as Star Wars fans, so maybe you should cast an eye on those... ;)
I'm really looking into that myself and can't wait to see some results :D

XWLegacy is working on a Wing Commander mod for XWA. I for one cant wait! Even tho it isnt true WC, it will keep the spirit alive! Personally I am waiting to fly that converted Centurion! :D

RFBurns

Back