"Learn something new every day"

Today I learned that though I'm from the midwest and speak with the same accent that national newscasters have, I apparently "talk funny."

Well, I don't know if I learned the right thing about this:

Some girl I know prepares to travel South-East Asia for the next couple of months (kind of a hippie thing), so I've helped her in setting up all kinds of provisions and gadgets to help her along (kind of a geek-with-helper-syndrome thing). Now she bought a camera using Sony memory sticks, which don't fit into the PDA I got her - even the adaptor will not recognize them.
I told her before to get a camera with CF sticks, but she didn't - and is now angry at me because I bought the wrong PDA. Maybe she's also mad at herself for trying to be smart and not succeed.

So, what do I learn from this: Don't do people's homework, because they will try to find out the hard way? Eh, maybe not.

Delance said:
And again, based on darwinism, everything came when lighting stroke a puddle of mud millions of years ago and spontaneously created some amoeba with a complex RNA replicating machine.
*cough* not evolution... *cough* not Darwin... *cough* abiogenesis.

Ed

When Instructor D********* says "The run will be a nice easy 9 minute mile pace. Check." He takes off at a 6:45 mile pace, and we all get gooned. 9 minute miles my ass.

I learned that with 1080i, 480p, 480i and 720p, the number refers to the number of lines on the television screen, while the i stands for interlaced scanning, scanning every other set of lines, one set every 1/60 of a second, while the p stands for progressive scan, scanning all the lines in 1/30 of a second. I also learned that almost all current progressive scan TVs have a feature to enhance interlaced video viewing by showing all the lines in the same 1/30 of a second, then repeating the same lines a second time, so that there are no jagged edges.

Happy Camper said:
Toady I learned that Britain only recycles 18% of it's waste.

Except for aluminum, recycling is a waste of time, money, and resources.

Trelane said:
Except for aluminum, recycling is a waste of time, money, and resources.
Today I learned that some people don't appreciate the need to recycle their waste to reduce CO2 emmissions, slow the filling of land fill sites and saves energy on extracting many raw materials like Aluminium, Glass and iron (especially stainless steel).

Today I learned in WW2OL A13s are crap. When looking at the Weak points in the A13s armour the caption said on shot from a 40mm AA and up can destroy the tank. Later when fighting off the axis hoard in Leige I learned that the Matty or Matilda Tank can only really be harmed by a Flak 36.

Back