ladies and fighters...

But still, wouldn't be standard procdure to have SOMETHING patroling, I mean I know there's the traitor, but they should have gotten something, over than a sensor scan.

But you can't expect a couple of destroyers to stop 40 Cat ships, but then again, wouldn't the destroyer's death's given some warning to Pegasus?

Or, was this just the movie, so logic has no place?

Grrrr, why aren't you people getting this?

Pegasus was deep in Confederation space. Between Pegasus and the Kilrathi is *front lines*, where most of Confed's forces are stationed. Pegasus relies on this fact for its defense -- under normal circumstances, you cannot launch an attack on Pegasus because you're blocked by the entire front of the war.

Admiral Wilson was a traitor and provided the Kilrathi with information -- thus, they were able to sneak past the front lines undetected and launch an attack on the station. Further, they were also able to sneak past Pegasus' local defenses before attacking -- a destroyer screen and fighter patrols.

The Kilrathi didn't reveal themselves until they attacked Pegasus. Now, at that point the destroyer screen surely reformed and either escaped or launched a failed counterrattack... (probably the former, as we never hear from them again).

But still, wouldn't be standard procdure to have SOMETHING patroling, I mean I know there's the traitor, but they should have gotten something, over than a sensor scan.

There were Rapiers on patrol in the movie...

Wow, 40 capships can "sneak" around? Didn;t they bypass the front lines because the traitor gave them the posisiton of the Kilrathi entrance to the Ulyses Corridor? I guess after that the Admiral could have augmented the patrols and picket ships courses to allow that big of a fleet to go undetected.

C-ya

yes, but picket ships patrol areas and fighter patrol areas are designed to make space smaller. How many entrances into the corridor are there from the Kilrathi side? There are quite a few on the Confed side from your map. Pickets can't cover every entrance all the time if there are a bunch.

C-ya

Wait, I'm not following you -- entrance to the Ulysses Cooridor? They arrived at Pegasus (Dakota) via normal jumps -- then captured the NavCom to enter the cooridor.

oh, okay, I thought the base was in the corridor and the traitors act was to give the kilrathi a jump point they could use to enter the corridor and attack Pegasus. Nevermind.

C-ya

Oh yeah, they did have rapiers patroling, and didn't they have like 2 cruisers undocking BEFORE the attack, I believe one was heading for Sol.

Pegasus defenses

Carrier strikes were pretty new at this time, for both sides so I wonder why Pegasus hasn´t a huge anti Capship capability or at least a few of the old Dreadnoughts in it´s defense perimeter.

Sure, Destroyers can´t deal with an 40 ship Carrier task force, but remember: a destroyer is designed for killing capital ships and as I know from playing WC3 a destroyer is a more deadly enemy than a Carrier! At least for a T-Bolt pilot :rolleyes:

Capship Carrier strikes aren't new at this time . . . doctorine started to change in 2635 after the attack on McAulffie, the movie is set in 2653 or 54.

C-ya

Yeah, carrier strikes were the norm now. Otherwise, there'd be battleships, and if there was, remember, the movie is messed up, even if Chris Roberts directed it.

Bandit LOAF said:
Ick -- that's not even a *good* troll, since I said "horribly" and not "horrible".

Trolling? I beg to differ. One lousy letter.

Back