kilrathi saga

rizla

Spaceman
hi all,
From the moment I read about wing commander in ACE magazine in 1991 I have been a big fan of the series.
And now after a long time and completely by chance I finally managed to get my hands on a mint condition kilrathi saga box set :D Thankfully everything is included and in excellent condition( all 5 cds never used!). I spent ages trying to find this to complete my collection and then gave up. The thing is I bought it for only 9 euros in a second hand games shop in Dublin. I was really surprised the owner didn't know the value of it. I was nearly going to leave it because wc doesn't excite me anymore but I thought to hell with it, I'll never see this collection again.

Hopefully I'll get around to installing the games sometime this week. The extras in the box are really nice especially the scrapbook. It will be nice to play the original classic again without having to use some crap slowdown utility and booting into dos.

cya :)

Well, it's gold in the sense that it's really great to be able to play those games in Windows, but if you want them to run perfectly, you're better off getting the original games and finding an old 486. Wing Commanders I and III are fine, but The Kilrathi Saga version of Wing Commander II wasn't done that well.

Originally posted by Darkmage
Kilrathi saga is GOLD... pure and simple. it's the best wc collection available.
1)...well, judging by the PRICE it's gold, anyway. Personally, I wouldn't know, since I ain't been able to get my hands on a copy yet . ::sobs uncontrollably::

2)...it's also the only wc collexion available, per se...

Originally posted by rizla
... And now after a long time and completely by chance I finally managed to get my hands on a mint condition kilrathi saga box set :D Thankfully everything is included and in excellent condition( all 5 cds never used!). I spent ages trying to find this to complete my collection and then gave up. The thing is I bought it for only 9 euros in a second hand games shop in Dublin. I was really surprised the owner didn't know the value of it. I was nearly going to leave it because wc doesn't excite me anymore but I thought to hell with it, I'll never see this collection again.

I'm witcha on this. It's an eerily similar story to how I got my hanz on the WC4 DVD (the double sided one). Moreover, it's just about my only hope (insert dramatic sigh here) of laying my hanz on KS, since I don't plan on shelling out 3 figures' worth of $$ for it on ebay. I may be crazy, but I ain't that crazy....or that rich.:cool:

double sided wc4 dvd... ROFL, I've ripped wc4 to my HD from my legal 6cds.... you could fit it on 1DVD as it's only about 3gb in size, (certain files are repeated on each cd). same with wc3... it's approx 1.9 gb throw it on a single sided dvd, or throw both on a single sided double layered dvd, along with every other wc game... priv 2 is 1.4gb, and wcp would be about the same, I have tested both games and they do run off the hd, you have to edit one file in each game, for wc3 its wc3.con for wc4 I'm not sure, you just tell it where to find the .tre files.

double sided wc4 dvd... ROFL

LMOUSE PLZ!!!!!

But seriously, the WCIV DVD has high quality mpeg video files instead of crummy xanmovie ones... making it very, very large.

Maybe someday they ll make a DVD collection of all the old Wc games in Win mode.(Privateeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!)

About the Wc4 DVD (High Quality) ,it was a bad Idea not to go to market but to be included in a DVD drive.....

Oh MAN that would be sweet... and you wouldn't even need to update it. Just make sure it runs.

drrrrrrrrrooooooooolllllllll.........

well first off origin will probably never do it. secondly a dvd for a 200mb game is overkill, just use a cd, or possibly a minnicd, there are programmers working on porting priv to windows but it will take a while to do it.

Originally posted by Darkmage
well first off origin will probably never do it. secondly a dvd for a 200mb game is overkill, just use a cd, or possibly a minnicd, there are programmers working on porting priv to windows but it will take a while to do it.

of course Origin will never do it. they are focused only on one product (and I will not stoop to their level by uttering the name of that product). To them, WC is older than old, and the few thousand hard-core WC fans aren't enough for them to ,in their minds, waste the money making anything WC related

Who? why HCl of course... he's currently researching Jemm and is planning to patch the privateer and armada .exe files to make them windows comaptible. He's also got a few other things planned.

HCI Really, he really impress me with all the thing he does to the engiesn, did you know we both have the same LLAst name, that make is my cousing :p

I purchased a 'box of WC' to get my KS back in the day.

KS, WC4, WCP Gold, Priv CD, Priv 2 Deluxe, Academy, extra WC1 Docs & Blueprints (!), WCP Map (!), WCP & WC4 game guides, and a CD with the downloadable KS add-ons in case they aren't online in 50 years... I paid $150. Got everything but the boxes... For that price, it was a steal considering what KS goes for alone.

I guess I bought some dudes whole WC collection..

KS is worth it's weight in gold!! I have copies of all the CDs burned and the originals in a secure location.

If you look around and talk to a friend who gets PC gamer, in like July of 2001, WC1 KS version was on the PC Gamer CD, thats a good option if you don't want to pay $150+

looking at the posts below, I am so glad i got KS when it was at the "expensive" price of $40 :D

Back