Kilrathi saga streams

Earthworm, of course no one's making anyone pay for WC products. But what if I didn't have Kilrathi Saga and I wanted to play it to see what the old games were like. You actually expect me to pay $500 to experience them?

I'm not promoting Warez or anything like that, so there's no need for alarm. I'm simply saying that WC should be accessible to anyone at a reasonable price or possibly free, depending on whether the product is still available on the market.

There's absolutely no law against loaning games to friends; you want to pass on the KS CDs to a friend, that's no problem, because KS isn't playable without the CDs. It's rather like giving a book or movie to friend to read/watch; so long as there's just the one copy involved, there's no problem.

'Course, the downloadable copy of End Run discussed on the main page basically falls under the same category as abandonware, and I'm surprised to see this site advertise it. Any thoughts, Quarto?

[/QUOTE]Earthworm, moderate:).[/QUOTE] Ah, but that's exactly what I was doing Monsieur. Just trying to add a little funk to it all.:)

Originally posted by LaFong
then regulate the posting of links, not legitimate discussion on the subject.
Actually, it's our job to decide what's legit discussion on this board.

So just because you can't find it in stores for a small price you think that stealing it is OK Farfel? Not to mentiont that there's absolutely no need to buy KS to experience the older games. You can get the originals for extremly cheap on e-bay, and if you can't get them to work yourself than come here and ask for help.

[Edited by Earthworm on 03-08-2001 at 19:09]

Ah, but that's exactly what I was doing Monsieur. Just trying to add a little funk to it all.:)
Well, although there are undoubtedly people who deserve such treatment, I'm afraid we have to be polite at all times, at least when we're acting as Moderators.

LaFong: It's been tried. It just doesn't work.

'Course, the downloadable copy of End Run discussed on the main page basically falls under the same category as abandonware, and I'm surprised to see this site advertise it. Any thoughts, Quarto?
This is a topic I prefer to stay away from, Stinger, precisely because there is no logical explanation ;). There is absolutely no reason to treat End Run differently from games, but... <shrug> I don't decide about these things, I just enforce the rules. I think the basic reasoning behind this is that the CIC staff feel that End Run is rare enough to warrant breaking the law to get it to people. It certainly is true that it was published in much smaller numbers than the games.

I agree with Earthworm. Either you post by the rules, or you don't post at all. And worse things could happen to you than just being banned from the board.

Back