Kilrathi saga streams

Hm, if someone is used to the stick, switching to a mouse would be too hard, IMO.

From personal experience, I've tried to use the mouse few times in some of the older games, and the only one where I had some succes was Priv.

I think we've tried to get this point across several times already... but all right, one more time. Whether or not abandonware is good or bad, whether or not it exists, it is not to be discussed here. It is illegal., and whether we support it or not, it remains illegal. Therefore, don't talk about it here.

Hmm... I don't know if you read the rules when you signed up (you are supposed to, y'know ;)), but a new one has just recently been added that specifically deals with abandonware. It's unfortunate that it actually had to be said, but these abandoware discussions always led to rather volatile discussions.

well lets put it this way, its not on so dont do it, itch or no, (that feels kinda wierd cos i got bollocked for the same thing when i joined) but i have seen the error of my ways, i just bought a 386 instead of KS, works so-much better

moslo

Buy it? I just downloaded the full ("deluxe") version from a site that said it was freeware. I feel bad now...everything else on the site seemed to be real freeware, though. >.<

Maybe they decided to release it as freeware... I haven`t been keeping record of what they`re doing.
Are you sure it`s Moslo4BIZ? that`s the name of the full version.

Quarto what the hell ever happened to freedom of information - you are repressing information, discussion of intellectual copyright issues should be encouraged. Over regulation like that is a sure fire way to kill a public forum

What a bunch of huey

Are you suggesting that people should spend $500 dollars on a game that originally was $50? That's preposterous! I thought this website, and the entire Wing Commander's purpose is to draw more people into the incredible fictional WC Universe. I for one am here to share in my joy with Wing Commander, not exploit it. It's bad enough the WC community has shriveled to what it currently is, but to make people pay absurd amounts of money to join in is not helping.

I for one will always be more than willing to introduce WC to a new person, regardless of what rules I might be "breaking."

Originally posted by LaFong
Quarto what the hell ever happened to freedom of information - you are repressing information, discussion of intellectual copyright issues should be encouraged. Over regulation like that is a sure fire way to kill a public forum
We all think it would be great intellectual copyright issues could be discussed in a mature way. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen. Instead of a mature discussion, the result is inevitably that somebody starts yelling about how software companies are evil because they want us to... gasp... buy their products instead of stealing them. Inevitably, this person posts links to abandonware sites.

Let me use an analogy. You have a discussion of drugs at school. Some people are saying that drugs aren't bad, and they shouldn't be illegal. Fine? Fine, their opinion. Others are saying drugs should be illegal. Fine? Fine too, that's their opinion.
Then this kid jumps up on the table and yells that the government is evil, and that we've all got a *right* to use drugs. He immediately proceeds to hand out free samples and his dealer's calling card. Fine? NOT fine. And unfortunately, this is exactly what happens with abandonware. And, since this site maintains links with Origin (it used to be hosted by Origin!), it would be very, very, very, very wrong for us to allow people to post links to abandonware sites.

WTF are you talking about Fartfel? No one's making you pay anything, no one demands that you shell out $500 for anything WC related. Stop being a dumbass that thinks he deserves anything for free.

I for one will always be more than willing to introduce WC to a new person, regardless of what rules I might be "breaking."
That's all nice and all, you know. But if you help someone get those games of the net, you are stealing, but hey if that makes you happy, the only thing the admins can do is ban you from this site. Frankly, that's just fine with me.

[Edited by Earthworm on 03-07-2001 at 23:29]

Originally posted by Earthworm
WTF are you talking about Fartfel?
Err, Farfel... ;)

That's all nice and all, you know. But if you help someone get those games of the net, you are stealing, but hey if that makes you happy, the only thing the admins can do is ban you from this site. Frankly, that's just fine with me.
Earthworm, moderate ;).

I believe what Earthworm was trying to say is that whether or not we approve, we can't stop you from downloading and playing pirated games in your own time. But if you start posting links, you will perish.

Back