Kilrathi Saga purchase

emichon

Spaceman
Hi,

Would there be anyone here that would have a copy of The Kilrathi Saga for sale? Because I've looked everywhere and I can't find it anything at all. If someone does, please email me at rico69@nb.sympatico.ca

Thank you,
Eric Michon

<AA Meeting Member>Hi Rob...</AA Meeting Member>

Looking for Kilrathi Saga is easy. Ebay has a copy almost every week and once in a great while Yahoo Auctions as well.

The price, however, is what will kill you. About $300 or there abouts.

Originally posted by emichon
Hi,

Would there be anyone here that would have a copy of The Kilrathi Saga for sale?...
For better luck getting away more cheaply than LeHah suggests, I suggest putting an ad in your local paper/free weekly/etc. And scanning local 2nd hand computer stores, flea markets, etc. Be patient, and you just may find it at a great bargain (not everyone knows how rare/valuable this game is). I'm still looking myself (can't bring myself to ::shudders:: spend actual money on taking out an ad), but I once found the double-sided WC 4 DVD at a local flea market for $1!....

Ya I found the WC4 DVD also. But I had to pay $20..hehe Ohh well at least I got it :)

And I think I might have found someone with Kilrathi Saga, he's asking $215 for it. Would that be a good price? And do you think it would be possible to sell it for $300 on ebay?

Eric

The price can easily go past $US300, but that's only because people know how desperate WC fans can get and they gouge us on the price.

hehe ya I can see that. I should have just bought it when it first came out, would have been a little bit better I think...

Many of us feel that way, things are always clearer in hindsight.

Although my lack of purchase was due to circumstance, not reluctance.

I recently found a copy of KSaga for AU$20 (US$10) in a used games store. These things pop up every once in a while, you just gotta keep hunting.

Re: Re: Kilrathi Saga purchase

Originally posted by Preacher
For better luck getting away more cheaply than LeHah suggests, I suggest putting an ad in your local paper/free weekly/etc.

This definitely works, but you'll have a hard time finding the box and extras intact in a bargain bin. You'd probably just find CDs shrinkwrapped or somesuch.

Ya thats what I tought. Pretty much the only place where I can see around where I live is at EB cause sometimes they have old games, but I really doubt I'll find it there. Besides that there would be pawn shops, but more than likely like you said I'll only find the cd.

pawn shops are AWESOME I've seen hundreds of privateer and wc3 copies floating around, I got wc armada from a pawn shop in box same with SWC mac and wc4 pc... pawn shops should be looked at if you want to boost your collection

Re: Re: Re: Kilrathi Saga purchase

Originally posted by LeHah
This definitely works, but you'll have a hard time finding the box and extras intact in a bargain bin. You'd probably just find CDs shrinkwrapped or somesuch.
Not necessarily, which is why you gotta keep looking, and be patient.

Does anyone remember what the actual RETAIL price was for Kilrathi Saga? What I don't understand is why Origin stopped selling KS in the first place! The fact that it does go for so much on eBay should hint them in to something, if they're even paying attention.

I think it used to go for $25 or $30. There are a couple of fanatics around here, but really, it didn't sell very well originally. They actually did a reprint. That also didn't sell. They can't re-re-release it now (if they were dumb enough to do so, given previous sales results) because there's no longer anyone who's familiar with the games around at EA Tech Support.

Originally posted by Karthik@KANE
It's too bad I gave up looking for KS and part 4!
You can't find a Wing Commander 4? Maybe you're looking in the wrong places. Try somewhere that sells computer games.

Thing is, I'll probably end up being one of those suckers to fork over the $150+ on eBay. The only thing I kick myself for is not knowing that Kilrathi Saga even existed until it was too late. But it was released in '97 right? A year before WCP? Was it taken off the shelves that quickly?

I think the original release was in '96, and the reprint in '98. If you must have one, I'd take Preacher's advice and place an ad in a bargains magazine. There may even be a bargains newsgroup for your area. That's how I picked up my WC4 DVD relatively cheap. I asked if anyone had one for sale, and sure enough, within a few days I had one.

If that doesn't work out, just get hold of the originals. It's really not all that hard to get them running. All you need is a bootdisk and a slowdown utility.

Back