Kilrathi Saga hits the $510.00 mark

The seller "fixed" the auction. I bid on that item as you can see by looking at the bid history. The seller created a second account to bid on his auctions and drive the price up. You'll see an accout (rbm5791) with no feedback in the bid history. Watch out for these when you bid on anything on Ebay.

Look at this auction aswell. http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1214735515 Same thing happened (bloodychaps@aol.com). Look at other autions and do research. Almost never does a person bid like that.

It may not have been the seller that fixed it :)

(You were really stupid to bid on any KS over $200)

TC

NOOO, it cannot be true!!
I had the opportunity to buy KS for 50 Marks (about 25$) and I did not do it...arrgh, and now it is nowhere to find and people start paying 510$ which is far over my capacities.
I should commit Zu'kara but even this is too nice for my stupidity. No I will have to live with this fault for the rest of my pitiful life, if you can call it life without KS...

I bought it the moment I saw it on the shelf. Just happened to be passing by some supermarket, saw the box, shelled out my $40.00, brought it home; never a regret since.

Sorry for not reading the rules, but what's wrong with abandonware. You can't buy the games, so why should it be wrong to put them on the web for free?

The auction wasn't fixed.

Just because they don't sell it anymore doesn't make it legal to make copies of it. The games are still copyrighted thus making copies is illegal. This includes downloading them since a download is simply copying a file off of a server onto your hard drive.

Look around... there's several other threads here which already discuss what's wrong with abandonware. I'm sorry - I should probably take the time to explain this to you, since you're new, but there's simply been so much discussion and explaining about this subject already that I don't feel like going through it again.

Quatro I've gone back to read that stuff about abondonware. I continue to disagree with your opinion, however if it's policy of CIC, then so be it. I would hope that someday Origin would be so kind as to offer some of their older games as free downloads, so this we wouldn't have to use abandonware.

Originally posted by Darth Roel
I would hope that someday Origin would be so kind as to offer some of their older games as free downloads, so this we wouldn't have to use abandonware.

You don't have to resort to warez. Just buy the games from a store or eBay. Don't expect Origin to change their policy because you can't spare 10 dollars.

Originally posted by KrisV
You don't have to resort to warez. Just buy the games from a store or eBay. Don't expect Origin to change their policy because you can't spare 10 dollars. [/B]

I wish I could, however I live in the Netherlands, and our local version of eBay is not yet that big that you can find every game you want, besides which, there are some really fun old games, like digger, for which I'm not even sure there ever was a commercial version available.
However I don't understand what Origin has to loose, they're not selling the game anymore anyway, why not give people a taste of some of their older games so people will be interested in their sequels?

[Edited by Darth Roel on 03-11-2001 at 18:42]

Back