Kilrathi names

I've found a Kilrathi name that isn't on LOAF's list! Fleet Action mentions Emperor Y'taa'gu from the Gakarg Period. It's at the top of page 138.

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Bak... Garahl... d'oh. My mistake, and an awfully silly one at that
smile.gif
. I think I'm gonna have to watch them again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the hell would they change Hobbes' name to Garahl?

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Ralgha = Garahl

The same letters are used. So, it could have been some very drunk OSI employ that read Ralgha backwards
smile.gif
, or they just decided to change it, but they used the same letters so it sounded similary.

------------------
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"
and the bodies of those adventurers who get bad advice.

Member of the LMG (Disgruntled Men)

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited October 27, 2000).]

I never knew that many names existed... I only remember the aces of old in WC1, and even then, I never remember them that accurately.

I wonder how bad WCA would have had to be if it only went one season.......?

------------------

§

WCA is one of the best cartoon series I've ever seen. Not only is it well-drawn (by my standards), it is also true to the WC Universe in that it tackles serious concepts - it makes you think. In that aspect, it is as good as X-Men.

That's pretty retarded if that's the case, Earthworm.
wink2.gif
It's like calling Blair Labir and saying he's the same guy!
smile.gif

Yes, X-Men is an awesome show. There was a long discussion 'bout X-Men when the movie came out back in July. Anyway... I'd love to see the Academy show, but I just don't have the patience to sit there for that long while I download it. Plus, I was never a fan of the quality of RealMedia. Once, a while back, I tried to download the first part of the first episode, watching Conan O'Brian to pass the time, but... surprise! I got kicked off the internet right in the middle of the download. Oh, well...

------------------

D5, simple, just download getright. It lets you stop downloads when you get of the net, and you can start from where you finished off when you log on the next time, so you don't have to worry about the comp freezing on you or anything. And now that LOAF has the episodes in that new format, they'll be of much higher quality (longer downloads though).

BTW, anyone knows of a place where I could download that CGI movie with the WC2 ships and music from the movie? I lost it when I had to reinstall windows, and the link on the CIC doesn't work.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited October 28, 2000).]

Quarto, about WCA being well drawn... I understand the battle scenes are difficult and tedious to animate, but I never found the animation to be excellent. Then again, I've only seen a few episodes, but cel-animation is quite difficult to keep smooth, even with computer aid.

Maybe I've been spoilt by CG animation - I'm talking about Beast Wars here, I always enjoyed Transformers as a kid.

And is it just me, or have the clock times here gone wacko?
Oh thank God, I thought I was the only one
smile.gif
But, <cautious optimism> they seem normal now. </cautious optimism>

The day anyone relies on me for confidence, we're in big trouble!
smile.gif

Actually, I think it seems OK now, as well. Is it daylight saving, or something?

Daylight Savings Time ended 2 days ago. So, that's might of been the problem with the timestamps. We are now all in Standard Time and won;t have any more of these problems until March.

BTW, I now have the first 4 episodes of Academy uploaded!

------------------
Meson's Starport!
Wing Commander Academy DHS Version
Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

[This message has been edited by Meson (edited October 30, 2000).]

Talking about daylight savings, due to the frickin Olympics. They decided it would ba a good idea to do daylight savings here in Australia a month early. At 6pm, the sun had barely begun setting.

------------------
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Mwahaha! There's no such thing as daylight saving time in Queensland!

...Though, admittedly, that means that for large parts of the year, the sun sets before six.

Hmmm... I don't think we have it here where I am, either. I think I heard my parents say that when we first moved here five years ago...

Jesus Christ, I've been looking for Kilrathi names not on that list since LOAF made it. I haven't found one that's not already there!
eek.gif

------------------

Uhhh, Quarto and Steampunk? What's wrong with daylight saving and the Olympics. I'm not a sports freak like some people around me, but I also feel a little sad that there isn't going to be anything more to do with the Olympics until Athens.

Oh, daylight saving time is just a mild nuisance, that's all. As for the Olympics... well, I dinna say I've got something against them. But then, I'm on the Gold Coast, not in Sydney. I certainly could understand if Steampunk has something against the Olympics, what with all those tourists invading and all...

Back