Kilrathi Information

They were going to sacrifice the population of the planet, like on Firekka. The Kilrathi never had the power to destroy an entire planet, just make it unlivable at the most.

There's no y in Kilrathi.

The Sivar-Eshrad Sivar entails purity of whatever location chosen -- thus, the population of a planet decided upon for a Sivar ceremony is forcibly converted or slaughtered.

Planet destroying is the realm of the EVIL YGOG FLINNT OF THE STAR WARS NOVELS. I hope I made that up.

Originally posted by Supdon3
The Kilrathi never had the power to destroy an entire planet, just make it unlivable at the most.

"The power to destroy a planet is insicnificant next to the thrill of hunting your prey down" :D

Sorry, just came to mind. Guess I've finally seen the SW films too much :)

Dekker says in WC4 'Good thing the kilrathi never figured this stuff out' in regards to GenSelect.

Though from the sounds of it, the CapMis they were firing at planets in WC3 seemed to spread pretty fast (I think I remember the term 'minutes' being used)... was it Laconda they were using the Bioweaps at ?

And one would think the Kilrathi would know about Plutonium/Uranium... why not just a large scale nuke to blow up a planet. IT could at least render it uninhabitable.
Somehow I can imagine Confed using a large nuke to knock a planet out of orbit, but can't imagine the cats doing it.
Too bad the only nuke in WC was the Mace.

In Fleet Action the Kilrathi used nuclear warheads, as well as Strontium-90 covered missiles to make planets uninhabitable.

The Kilrathi have plenty of weapons of mass destruction -- Strontium 90 clad warheads, the Sivar dreadnought, the pandemic... but nothing that actually *destroys* a planet like the temblor bomb or Behemoth.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Planet destroying is the realm of the EVIL YGOG FLINNT OF THE STAR WARS NOVELS. I hope I made that up.

Death Stars and Sun Crushers and all sorts of garbage, care of (mostly) Kevin J Anderson, the friggin worst writer in sci-fi.

I'll give anyone $20 if they spit in his face at DragonCon, $50 if they get a picture of it.

Yep. I still keep enjoying this Kilrathi "finishing move"

is there a name for "lifting your foe into the air with your claw, then drop him/kill him" (or somehting like that?)

There's no y in Kilrathi.

The Sivar-Eshrad Sivar entails purity of whatever location chosen -- thus, the population of a planet decided upon for a Sivar ceremony is forcibly converted or slaughtered.

...Not unlike the biblical requirement that the Hebrews purify their land by totally destroying all previous inhabitants thereof--even to the herds & flocks (albeit gradually). This made them holy before God, and untainted by the corruption/idol worship of the nations around them.

Except with the Kilrathi, if they do a good job on the planet and the ceremony is successfully completed then they believe that Sivar, the God of War will smile upon them on the battlefield. Thats why Confed is always so hot to stop the ceremony. Its a major blow to Kilrathi moral.

What better way to gain an advantage than having them all worried that they're going to die next time out, so much so that they do anyway :)

Wouldn't they actually fight fiercer when they're afraid to die? Well, maybe at least they won't try to ram you as much...

No -- if the Sivar is not performed properly, the Kilrathi believe that when they die they will cease to exist rather than have any sort of afterlife... thus, they're not particularly interested in fighting if a Sivar-Eshrad is botched.

Luckily, next comes the Pukcal -- the ceremony of atonement...

Originally posted by Zim
Yep. I still keep enjoying this Kilrathi "finishing move"

is there a name for "lifting your foe into the air with your claw, then drop him/kill him" (or somehting like that?)
Disembowlment...

I think Thrakkath called it 'This' :p

Unforgiven: Stupid collisions. That must have been the most common reason for me dying whenever playing WC1 - hardly ever got shot down... just ran into them all the time... sucked :)

Yeah for me too. Somehow it seemed like a torpedo would cause less damage on my fighter than a collision with another ship.

No -- if the Sivar is not performed properly, the Kilrathi believe that when they die they will cease to exist rather than have any sort of afterlife... thus, they're not particularly interested in fighting if a Sivar-Eshrad is botched.

Luckily, next comes the Pukcal -- the ceremony of atonement...

PuKcal????? :confused:

Originally posted by Supdon3
Except with the Kilrathi, if they do a good job on the planet and the ceremony is successfully completed then they believe that Sivar, the God of War will smile upon them on the battlefield. Thats why Confed is always so hot to stop the ceremony. Its a major blow to Kilrathi moral.

...Plus, you get to save a civilian or two (million!)...

Back