Kilrathi fighter that you'd like to fly most?

BlueClaw

Spaceman
Which Kilrathi fighter would you have liked to have had a chance to fly, but never got an opportunity to?

Personally, I would've loved to have piloted the Jalthi or Jalkehi. They may be slow and unmaneuverable, but they had great firepower and could decimate many WC1 and WC2 fighters head-on with their nasty array of cannons.

I think Jalthi would be too cumbersome to
fly. I remember that in SM2 Dralthi
resembled scimitar too much that i could
enjoy flying it. That was probably beacuse
it had slow mass drivers and way too
small fuel tank. I really would like Gothri
or Hriss. Those would really kick some
ass!

Hmmph!

What Kilrathi I'd like to fly but never had the opportunity to do so?

So far in my life, I never flew any fighter, atmospheric or space, lest even a Kilrathi fighter.

But I'd like to take a Dralthi for a spin a while, and perhaps the Ekapshi might look good....

Or the Bloodfang?

I think the fighter I would most like to fly is the Gratha or the Hriss. Both just outright tore up any competition of the day and, given a decent pilot, could really be deadly.

C-ya

The Hriss, IMO, was the second-best damned piece of engineering the Kilrathi ever cranked out next to the Bloodfang! I'll take an updated and refitted Hriss up against anything. Just take out the Durasteel, put in Isometal, revamp the drives, energize those guns, then kick ass and chew bubble gum! Also, a neural interface like the one used in Wing-Zero from Gundam Wing.:D :D

That Bloodfang was a great fighter, and the Hriss was pretty damn good. Still, I'd have to go with the Voktoth. While I'm mostly a light fighter man, that thing could tear up anything! Longbow included!

Personally, I would love to fly any of the Kilrathi fighters.
My first picks though would be WC1: Gratha, Jalthi and Hhriss
WC2: Gothri
WC3: Strakha, Sorthak

Originally posted by Rami Sihvo
I remember that in SM2 Dralthi resembled Scimitar too much that I could enjoy flying it. That was probably beacuse it had slow mass drivers...
That's because the Dralthi was an obvious replacement for the Scimitar. ;) And mass drivers had a terrific refire rate.

Originally posted by TheFraix
But I'd like to take a Dralthi for a spin...
Which one? I assume not the one in SM2.

Originally posted by Wulf
Just take out the Durasteel, put in Isometal...
Er, isometal is civilian grade armour, I believe...

Originally posted by Skyfire
Still, I'd have to go with the Vaktoth.
You can fly a Dralthi IV and a Vaktoth in Prophecy.

BTW, it's Hhriss. :)

Personally, I'm in favour of heavy fighters, so:
WC1 - Gratha, Hhriss.
WC2 - Jalkehi, Gothri, Bloodfang (maybe, Thrakhath wasn't that hot)
WC3 - Vaktoth, maybe Paktahn. And Thrakhath's (new) Bloodfang.

Haven't seen this ship mentioned in any posts, so I have to bring up the Krant from WC I. Out of any Wing Commander game, I had more problems fighting them than anything else. Khajja the Fang had more kills than any other Kilrathi ace in a krant.

Originally posted by Lack
Khajja the Fang had more kills than any other Kilrathi ace in a Krant.
Perhaps because he was the only Kilrathi ace flying a Krant (in Vega Sector anyway). ;)

How do you know how many kills they had, anyway?
[If it was mentioned during conversations, I can't remember them]

the gratha was definitely challenging, that and the krant would be my choices

How do you know how many kills they had, anyway?
[If it was mentioned during conversations, I can't remember them] [/B][/QUOTE]

if you have ever lifted up a claw marks guide or wc1 wc2 strat guide you'd see the kill scores or at least an average

I only regret that I have but one life to give confed,,Loozer>>>Hells Kitchen, Vega Sector

Not in Claw Marks, AFAIK. Only mentions Dakhath having 55+ kills. The Krant only has a pair of lasers anyway. Not exactly devastating IMHO.

Wait a minute...I thought ships from WC3 and on no longer used durasteel, but isometal. I read from a statement of LOAF's iirc that stated isometal being 10 times as effective or something like that.

I found WC1/2 lasers to be quite effective. Not the toughest weapon granted, but they seemed much more effective than the lasers in WC3/4/P.

Anyways there's a Kilrathi who made ace flying a Darket. Now that fighter has got to be the worst thing the Kilrathi ever produced. 2 mesons and 2 HS and this kat still makes ace? :confused: He must be the Kilrathi equivalent of Maniac.

Originally posted by Wedge009

You can fly a Dralthi IV and a Vaktoth in Prophecy.

BTW, it's Hhriss. :)

Hey, I'm not all up on my Kilrathi spelling and grammer. ;) And actually I've heard about that, but I've never known how to do so.

Back