Kilrathi fighter that you'd like to fly most?

Appreciate it Wedge, I'll have to give this a try. Although I didn't know it allowed you to fly Nephilim ships as well!

I'd like to fly a Salthi -- it'd be neat to have to have to learn to fly with the engine handicap... (it'd make you really appreciate Bhurak's 64 kills <G>).

That thing Paladin was mumbling about how Salthis tend to bank left or something? Pfft, I never stopped turning left and right in the flying pancakes. :)

Originally posted by Skyfire
...I didn't know it allowed you to fly Nephilim ships as well!
You certainly can. And I can't remember how he did it (I think there may have been some patch involved), but my cousin showed me flying a Devil Ray in the simulator, then going on to fly the Devil Ray in the main mission. Hmm...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I'd like to fly a Salthi -- it'd be neat to have to have to learn to fly with the engine handicap... (it'd make you really appreciate Bhurak's 64 kills <G>).
Bhurak had extra armour on his ship though... didn't he? :)
Besides, what is this "engine handicap" you are talking about? The Salthi's the fastest ship in the game...

I still can't think of a logical reason for that, given that WC1/2 era ships were all symmetrical (barring Ayer's Rock). What was the reason Paladin gave for it?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
'Something to do with the way the engine ducts are arranged'.

I believe Paladin said "In my experience, Salthi's always turn to the left. Something to do with the way their engine ducts are arranged" (in my experience ) The problem is that's kindof a self fulfilling propphecy. It's like saying all baseball players never step on the chalk line. If you see a player step on the chalk line oyu tend to dismiss it as a fluke, no matter how many times it happens. If you see a player step over the chalk line, it's just another example of how you're right. I never did take notice of the salthi in the game sinnce they were usually dust before they could make a turn, but I do remember them making more left turns than usual. the problem is I also remember them evading me by climbing a diving, so the salthi still has 1 and a half degrees of movement freedom. Just my 2 cents.

C-ya

Originally posted by Bob McDob

Wow! What a coincidence...my crappy joystick can only turn left too! <G>

I think it has something to do with the way your joystick ducts are arranged.

TC

Originally posted by mpanty

Well maybe the point is that they cannot turn right...

that sounds similar to the problem with the early spitfires, the pilots couldn't punt the stick, as the resulting dive stopped the flow of fuel to the engine, they had to do a half roll before pulling up ont the stick instead of down, don't the salthis do the same?

Originally posted by TC
I think it has something to do with the way your joystick ducts are arranged.

TC
Heh heh. :D

And it would make more sense if the duct thing was on one of the assymetrical WC3 ships. I could see them only turning in some directions.

i was looking thru the WC1 and WC2 strategy guide and on pg148 it shows a snapshot of a cockpit scene from a Dralthi fighter, what game did that come from??

I only regret that I have but one life to give confed,,Loozer>>Hells Kitchen, Vega Sector

Back