Kilrathi Female Model WIP

Previewcolor.jpg

I know a lot of people argue when I compare Kilrathi to Kzinti (since the Man-Kzin Wars books came out first and to a degree one is based on the other)

This is a common misconception. While the Kzinti existed before Wing Commander, the elaborate backstory you're referencing didn't. When the original Wing Commander came out there was one book of 'Man Kzin' short stories and they were something that appeared occasionally in Larry Niven's Know Space stories (which is to say there was a Kzinti character in Ringworld.. which in turn treated the idea of there being Man Kzin wars as something of a joke). The "popular" Kzinti at the time were the ones from Star Trek. Niven reused them for his TAS episode and his Star Trek comic strip work and they'd been fetishized in a direction completely separate from the way you're thinking in the 'Starfleet Battles'game.

But there's also no evidence that the Kilrathi were based on the Kzinti. The Kzin are one of many 'cats in space' aliens... and the connection to WC is something Mark Minasi *suggests* in his completely unofficial (and done-without-talking-to-Origin) book. The only 'behind the screens' claims have ever been that the Kilrathi are either furry Klingons or Imperial Japanese.

The 3D work looks good Michelle... though this thread has taken a turn for the wierd, so what the hell, I'll jump in and mention that it's actually possible for humans to have the same kinds of rows of nipples and breast tissue.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1117825-overview said:
Supernumerary nipples (SNs) are a common minor congenital malformation that consists of nipples and/or related tissue in addition to the 2 nipples normally appearing on the chest. Supernumerary nipples are located along the embryonic milk line. Ectopic supernumerary nipples are found beyond the embryonic milk line. The embryonic milk line is the line of potentially appearing breast tissue as observed in many mammals. In humans, the embryonic milk line extends bilaterally from a point slightly beyond the axillae on the arms, down the chest and the abdomen toward the groin, and is generally thought to end at the proximal inner sides of the thighs, although supernumerary nipple has been described on the foot.1 Supernumerary nipples can appear complete with breast tissue and ducts and are then referred to as polymastia, or they can appear partially with either of the tissues involved.

So, uh... Yeah. Well anyway, I guess it doesn't really matter whether it's two larger or all large or all small, since we have evidence of all of these scenarios in real life. If you look at cats and pigs who have a litter, then all their normally small nipples are enlarged for feeding whereas otherwise they're just little bumps. You never know... maybe the priestess has a litter she's feeding at the time of that picture!

Ultimately though it comes down to whatever the artist felt like since I don't think there's anything to say differently. And... Kilrathi are aliens and not mammals, so there's no reason for them to follow the pattern of Earth animals at all.

So, uh... Yeah. Well anyway, I guess it doesn't really matter whether it's two larger or all large or all small, since we have evidence of all of these scenarios in real life. If you look at cats and pigs who have a litter, then all their normally small nipples are enlarged for feeding whereas otherwise they're just little bumps. You never know... maybe the priestess has a litter she's feeding at the time of that picture!

Ultimately though it comes down to whatever the artist felt like since I don't think there's anything to say differently. And... Kilrathi are aliens and not mammals, so there's no reason for them to follow the pattern of Earth animals at all.

All very true and all... but I still stand-by my somewhat joking first point...
I know they were trying to be true to a cat-female (with six or eight breasts) but really... six C-cup breasts? Her poor back!

Preview_kilrathi_woman2.png

Adding some more detail in zbrush 2.0

I wish I knew how to use alpha brushes without going into projection master. I don't like not being able to rotate and add detail at the same time so I just stay in the normal edit mode and use the default brush.

Also blocked out the colors some.

Impressive detail on the colouring and structure of the face, despite not having the level of control you obviously want.

I decided to forego using zbrush to make a fur bump and color map and decided to just use photographs and build a texture from that.

Back