Kilrathi Evolution.

I'm fairly sure, Zero, that there is absolutely no 'eternal sunlight' on Kilrah
smile.gif
As I stated earlier, the grayish coloration was a recent addition to the planet... it's previously been described as Earthlike.

As for the population, I would suppose the opposite -- given the fact that Kilrathi casualities were over 3 times ours during a war in which they enjoyed genetic superiority and the ability to wipe out mass groups of humans easily.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Deadman:

didn't mean to make it sound like they're good either, they're still killing a lot of people, but it does give more of a reason. they're not killing just to kill. they're trying to survive. and Hitler saying that was just an excuse.

If the Kilrathi evolved slower than we did, than that suggests that Kilrah of the past was a reasonable paradise, not requiring it's inhabitants to evolve to meet change. But then that doesn't support the tectonic nature of the planet, which would've caused numerous earthquakes & eruptions, making it difficult for creatures to survive. Is it possible that Kilrah was like Earth 'till recently but then it's tectonic nature changed creating a chain of events, which allowed only the most aggressive & ruthless creatures to survive? Might explain why they're so xenophobic?
As a side note people don't generally like Hitler yet they always bring him up in conversation which has nothing to do with him. What's the fascination?

That's exactly what's been said... The great tectonic activity is recent.

The cats aren't really Xenophobic, that is a fear. It's more like they are overly agressive, they aren't afraid of other races, they just want to kill them.

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I still don't get it.. Why would they want to kill everyone?

------------------
I've seen smarter things..

~Gunner~

Gunner it's their preditory nature. They fight as to "hunt for food" and to destroy other races trying to "takeover their niche"

------------------
Meson
Fleet Commander Homepage

Wing Commander is not just a game. It's a lifestyle.

They're a warlike race in general... They fought themselves before they went out into space.

TC

------------------

Then why did they make peace with Confed?
Isn't it fight to the death with them? I mean if there are 10 of us and 1 of them will they not still try there best?
------------------
I've seen smarter things..

~Gunner~

[This message has been edited by Gunner (edited January 07, 2000).]

Sorry I brought up the Hitler thing. I've been watching too many documentaries. It was just the first thing popped into my head when I read that 'room for expention' thing.

Yes, they did, didn't they!
smile.gif

But I think this will not stop the cats from attacking again when they will be strong enough and have a new leader.
In the future the relationship between Confed and the Kilrathi will probably be like the one between the Kilrathi and the Mantu. To their following generations the cats will portray humans as demons until the next Kilrathi/Confed conflict begins.

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

What happened to the Mantu (IIRC, there's no explanation in prophecy's manual)?

------------------
Evilution!

In 2431 the Kilrathi attacked a Mantu exploration ship in the Kilrah System. The technologically superior Mantu fight the Kilrathi to a draw, and then retreat to fight another war. There is another skirmish with the Mantu in 2598, which also ends in a draw. The Kilrathi spend several generations demonizing their enemy.

------------------
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick

The Wing Commander CIC

That didn't answer my question
redface.gif

------------------
Evilution!

Nothing happened 'to' them. They're still out there.

------------------
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick

The Wing Commander CIC

[multiple replies]

Gunner sez:
>Then why did [the Kilrathi] make peace with Confed?

Melek, who was in charge of the empire when it surrendered (Thraky and most of the royal family being dead thanks to Blair's actions), said, basically (it's been a while) that the Kilrathi had become 'corrupt,' and that it was time to change.

Also, as of the novel False Colors, and later, in WCP, not all of the Kilrathi agreed. Remember the pirate clan that the Midway wing had taken care of before WCP starts? (mentioned in the ICIS manual)

Kalkrath asks:
>Then where are they? Anywhere on the Prophecy Map?

It's unknown, as of WCP, where the Mantu are, although signs of them were detected by Kilrathi probes in 2668, in the novel Fleet Action. The Hagaka class carriers were also, in addition to being made to finally finish the Terran-Kilrathi War in the favor of the Kilrathi, being built for the war the Kilrathi expected with the Mantu when they did return.

Of course, the supposed aggressiveness of the Mantu is for the most part built up by the Kilrathi, whose collective psychology can't handle a peaceful (if more advanced) group kicking their a**es.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

for the planet of Kilrah's condition how old is the planet?
cause it is known that a few (meaning possably 1 or 2 but in this case it can also me hundreds) years from the planet going nova the seismec activity goes up.
i dunno much about Kilrah and its past though
but by the sounds of it wars could have weakened the planets structure
in any case a planet with as much Seismec activity as Kilrah usually is bout to go boom
ok i done babbling for no reason
i just like to stick my -2 cents in every now and then

------------------
ummm i dunno
i just don't wanna leave this blank :p

Well we really don't know if a planet can blow itself up from seismic activity in a natural manner (You haven't seen it happen have you)... But I think long before that point the planet would be completely uninhabitable. Their planet was seismically active but it wasn't THAT bad (yet) It needed a big kickstart to shake itself apart.

TC

------------------

I think its interesting that the Kilrathi, this big shot powerful alien race that supposedly conquered everything else, was brought to a standstill by another race right before facing Confed. Hell they didn't even manage to find the Mantu homeworlds, which explains why Confed doesn't know where they are. Maybe the Kilrathi attacked the humans to try and reassure themselves that they were still a powerful warrior race.

Hmm..

You'll find that a difficult one to answer.
But... referring back from one of the previous posts about the Fur.

Unlike Hair, the underlying skin beneath the Fur circulates blood. Because of the close contact to the surface and the fur, the air stimulation to the fur cools the blood. Unlike us who just bead sweat and it directly evaporates off the surface of our skin, they cool their bodies down because of Winds .

If you remember, Kilrah is partially unstable, and has a constant push of wind.

Back