Kilrah run survivors

Space Forces pilot? What is that? Actually, is there a good reference for the breakdown of the Confed military? I've always assumed that carriers would continue to be equipped with Navy pilots. Even after the transition to space.

As best anyone can tell, the 'Space Force' is the Air Force... in space (similar rank structure, etc.). It's not clear why the Space Force serves onboard carriers - and before the 2650s, carriers seem to have had wings of naval aviators.

Interesting jump from pilot to starship designer. Wonder what kind of schooling he got for that, and when he had time. lol From the academy to Vega sector, to Caernarvon to the Concordia to the Victory to retirement as a farmer, to the ones in WC4.... doesn't seem to leave much time.

He was more of an advisor (and a political proponent) than an actual 'technical' designer... as someone with a life of experience onboard carriers and stations during the war, he seem suited to that sort of work. (His degree was in Electical Engineering, though.)

Bloodspray said:
Interesting jump from pilot to starship designer. Wonder what kind of schooling he got for that, and when he had time. lol From the academy to Vega sector, to Caernarvon to the Concordia to the Victory to retirement as a farmer, to the ones in WC4.... doesn't seem to leave much time.
I'm pretty sure he didn't go back to school to get his degree in "capital ship design" :) (though he does have a degree in Electronic Engineering). He does have a very seasoned view on what works on a carrier design and what doesn't. I'd be more skeptical if an ex-pilot designed a destroyer or cruiser, but having a heavy hand in designing a carrier doesn't seem like a huge leap to me. I 'm not exactly sure but I don't think it states anywhere that he actually designed the Midway. It was "his baby" so he probably told designers what he thought a carrier needed and they went through design iterations tlll he was pleased. He probably laid down experience-driven guidelines for the new carriers, but probably didn't draw a single line.

Edit: and LOAF beat me to all my points :(

C-ya

Bandit LOAF said:
The script is a fake - it was submitted to Origin by a fan in '97 (late in the development of WCP), and was never considered (or even read, as a legal precaution).

Just like the people at LucasFilm.

BTW, weren't there a very early WC4 scrip that would show a small clip of either Flint and Rachel, depending on the player's choice on WC3, ditching Blair on his farm? The same script that had aliens on the bar on Nephele.

Yup. The idea was nixed for two reasons:

- Starting the game with 'WHICH GIRL DID YOU CHOOSE?' seemed cheap.
- It'd be prohibitively expensive to bring back both actresses for a single, minor scene.

Bandit LOAF said:
Yup. The idea was nixed for two reasons:

- Starting the game with 'WHICH GIRL DID YOU CHOOSE?' seemed cheap.
- It'd be prohibitively expensive to bring back both actresses for a single, minor scene.

Especially since the scene was basically 'you were dumped by whoever you chose'. :D

Ouch.

And, considering that the canon choice was Rachael, anyway . . .

Also, it would have been great to see some aliens in the bar in WC4. I've been a little dissappointed with the exclusion of aliens from the WC games in wc2-4 . . . unless you count the Kilrathi.

. . . or the Stelteks from Privateer.

I've always wanted to see a Kilrathi hold a cat... I mean a real cat. Like a domesticated calico that was lying on your mom's windowsill.

Good thing Vagabond survived. WC4 needed at least one Asian character.

AdmiralHuang said:
I've always wanted to see a Kilrathi hold a cat... I mean a real cat. Like a domesticated calico that was lying on your mom's windowsill.

Kinda like this?

catgun.JPG

I got a kick out of the ninjas.

Why is Jeff Goldblum always a idiot in his movies. I remember earth girls are easy, he was in that movie with Jim Carrey, and I can't remember who was the black alien, but I think he is pretty big now too.

BlackJack2063 said:
Why is Jeff Goldblum always a idiot in his movies.
We can't forget The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension, that was some of his best work! :(

C-ya

Ah, god, that kitten with the .338 gives me far too much urge to emulate some poorly-1337ing CS bitch...

That said, wouldnt a Kilrathi consider a "domesticated" feline pitiful and slay it?

alternatively, would they notice that cats arent exactly doemstic and cut them slack?

Catscratch was a Latino with gook eyes.

(I made that up)

As to Kilrathi and cats, we actually see, in one of the books, where one Kilrathi explains to another about humans having a breed of pets that look similar to Kilrathi. I think they found it mildly amusing.

However, if a Kilrathi were to share his opinion on an earth cat, I assume he'd admire it. Even though it's a regular beast, it's a hunter, and Kilrathi respect hunters. That said, they consider hunters to be rivals, and thus he would probably kill it.

I wonder if a Kilrathi would stoop to mating with a lion or a tiger. What would the children be like?

overmortal said:
Catscratch was a Latino with gook eyes.

Ooooo.... better watch it. Some people get upset about talking about a chink in the armor. Something about Samauris....

What I don't get is the new sport thay have in Colorado. I think they're beating up on Vietnamese because I hear them talking about going up to Denver and hitting the slopes. :confused:

Back