Just You Opinion

Well... considering that UE2 will most likely continue the UE1 storyline, it would be rather difficult :p.

add a random encounter with a steltek scout. make it so that you have to stray off during some mission on your own and you run into it.

-scheherazade

Hmm... that wouldn't really fit in with what we know about the Steltek. They were trying to cut themselves off from the universe last time we met them.

I'd sure love to see some of the less-frequently encountered races, though. Maybe some Firekkans...

Firrekans will be nice, Steltek too But I think the steltek are encountered only in Gemini....

Whatever , I believe the making of a new Wc race wiouldn`t be good..........

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Firrekans will be nice, Steltek too But I think the steltek are encountered only in Gemini....

The Steltek aren't encountered anywhere... They've moved core-ward... They just left a drone around that you ran into.

And even if they do still exist, it would be difficult to see why they would sympathise with the bugs...

Thats True!! Cats with Bugs ? Noooooooooo Way.....

If you want a new race (I dont!!) make a bug-related race. Someones superiors who somehow "control" the Bugs we know.

I dont know ,:(

You could have some Retros. That'd be fun
'Deliver us o lord, for we are in need'
Hehe

Maybe not in UE2 if the plot is a continuation.

BTW, how much work will be necessary to make UE2, especially as virtually every ship in the WC universe has been converted and the methods for making missions, comms, video and ships have been refined pretty well over the last few years by you guys.

An ~20 mission UE2 would still involve new cutscene music, new voice overs, fiction and missions, and hopefully some new ships....

give us a year, might not take that long but then again it might

I think in the next UE you should have an all Wc Ship Mixure.
What about flying Scimitars with Dragons and Excaliburs and Sabres and etc

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
I think in the next UE you should have an all Wc Ship Mixure.
What about flying Scimitars with Dragons and Excaliburs and Sabres and etc

No Dragons, please, and no Vampires or Devastators--remember, this is being fought by the BW, who don't have access to Confed's current top fighters. However, a couple of new BW-only fighters (maybe something like from HTL, or maybe something original) might be cool.

One bit on the Excalibur: Even after nearly twenty years of service (circa SO time), it is STILL a great machine. Its quad Tachyon cannons and dual Ion cannons are nearly the equal of the Vampires 4 Tachyon/2 Particle, and with the original wartime loadout of 6IR/6FF missiles, it is definitely second only to the Vampire (and the Dragon--but BW doesn't have either of those, so that makes Excalibur second to NONE), with the single exception of its thin armor. Having armor approximately equal to the Hellcat (110 units I believe) was adequate in WC3, but it needs about double that amount to bring it in line with SO-era craft. With the added armor, the Excalibur is good for many more years of service!

Would it be possible to cloak ships in UE? The stealth mission was fun and as there are plenty of Kilrathi around it might be possible for the BWS to get the technology (after all, they managed it in WC4 and HTL). Flying something really light (like an Arrow) in cloak for reconnisance or some kind of sealth strike could be fun. In WCP the bugs could detect cloaked ships so the BWs could think of a solution similar to that in HTL.
Just a thought

Originally posted by Ijuin
No Dragons, please, and no Vampires or Devastators--remember, this is being fought by the BW, who don't have access to Confed's current top fighters.

I could be wrong... but the BW should still have a few of the Dragons they snatched in WC4... I still doubt if we would use them in UE2 (we'd need to work why into the story line)... but who knows... unless I'm wrong about this... the BW should have them...

I must say, I'm really surprised that you guys haven't tried the object viewer in UE yet, though... and when it comes to new ships, the object viewer does contain some interesting stuff ;).

It's difficult to tell how long UE2 will take - a year, as Pedro says, may be a good approximation. We are definitely in a much better situation now than we were two and a half years ago (when the new UE started), though. Everybody on the team has picked up additional WCP-editing skills, not to mention a lot of ideas about how to organise a project like this.

At the same time, we definitely won't start any real work on UE2 until we've had a decent break. Believe me, we need it...

Take a break boys and rest!

Until I ll beat your Game in NIghtmare (its my tradition always to beat in "Nightmare" Wc3,Wc3,WcP,So) !

UE is very difficult! I almost break my Thrustmaster yestrday trying to accomplish a mission..

Take a break, and revel in the fact that you have sustained the WC storyline for another game (in my opinion) despite EA's decision to stop making the games.

It's just that good.

Back