Just venting some air...

You could try using a slack space viewer. There are many of them on the net, and most are free too. One I remember was from Winmag.

Use one of them and measure the slack and see if it amounts to the lost 300 meg.

If all else fails, I suggest you find a friend with a CD recorder, take your HD, do all the backups you need and reformat the HD. When things start to get dicey like that, it's better to do a spring cleaning on your files. Just trying to repeatedly "patch" up the situation won't do.

Or you even won't need a CD recorder. Just plug another HD (bought, borrowed, rented, whathever) and copy all the stuff you want.

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

Chernikov: Try WinZip along with your spring cleaning. You'll be surprise how much those 1kb-files can really eat up.

Ok, still didn't fixed it (don't have the time, and I just don't give a dang anymore).

Keeping with the original intention of this post, I got myself a copy of PSX WC3 to pass the time with, but the thing just *crush* after I finish the 4th mission (bad disc, me thinks
frown.gif
). Also ordered 4 WC novels & the Confederation Handbook (at least I'll have something to pass the time with
wink.gif
), so I guess I'll just try and find the other 5 *missing* novels somewhere, and an old computer to play wing commander on.

Thanks for everything guys, hope to be back real soon (but in the mean time, I'll use this opertunity to catch up what I missed here
smile.gif
).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back