Jumping

I'm sure the Sabre will do the terran pickup, but what ship will do the kilrathi pickup? (The bloodfang sadly isnt a part of standoff.)

The Kilrathi have an S&R-specific shuttle variant, the Rogharth-class.

(Edit: and it's a Kamekh that rescues Thrakhath in WC2. The Bloodfang is just the 'a Kilrathi ship comes and kills you' scene.)

Dyret said:
What ships will do the pickup when you eject in standoff?
For Confed, it's a Gladius (had to be something we could use in the prologue), and for the Kilrathi, it's a Gothri.

When you say 'for the Kilrathi' do you mean for situations where a Kilrathi is actually rescuing something, or do you mean a WC2 style 'a cat is here to kill my pod' scene?

(Either way, a Gothri is a good choice.)

Situations where the Kilrathi rescue things, and in particular you - the Standoff equivalent of the WC2 'Kilrathi come and kill you' scene, except that we're using the hardcoded alien pickup scene from WCP, so it has to end with a tractor beam rather than a gunshot.

Yup... since those ejection scenes are hardcoded, the only thing we can do is assign a different ship to rescue(/capture) the pod in each case.

(Of course, the pod also got replaced by a WC2-looking fella attached to a WC2-looking ejector seat. No issues here since only Confed pilots are able to eject.)

I always loved the BMX biker helmets in wc1. And the sci-fi bomber jacket in WC2 is also great... Will the floating pilot be wearing it?

Yup, I wouldn't have it any other way either. :D
Our ejected pilot is WC3's seat (model extracted from the game, then remade to have more detail) textured to look like WC2's seat... full with yellow paddings on the chair, black BMX helmet, bomber jacket, jeans, and black boots.

Back