Jumping

Starkey

Avenging Rooster
Will any Standoff fighters have jump drives, like the Broadswords in WC2?

You probably won´t have any use for that in the BoT, but some jumping in the Gemini Sector (Prologue) would be nice...

Also, any progress in the past month? Specifically, are those Prologue voiceovers done already?

Still no reply from Tempest on the voiceovers. :(

As for jumping, it's a cheap trick, but it's there. You press "J" at a specific point, then we show an animation of your ship jumping out, then load a new mission (different background = different system :p) and show your ship jumping in again. The only downside to our cheap trick is that the damage isn't carried on from one mission to the next.

Yes - since you begin a new mission, your ship is fully armed. In the Prologue, where this happens, it doesn't matter - but we most likely won't use it anywhere else for this reason.

Well, you could use the other ''cheap trick'' story-wise.....that your fighter was refueled and repaired after the jump, just like that WC2 SO mission, the refuel was ''necessary'' because you were short in jump-fuel :D

Maybe I can found where damn all ships vars are stored and then incorporate to standoff DLL the patch previous to release the prologue.
While I only found the pilot code, ship code type and ship code and that functions are availables now on standoff.dll.
On other hand I'll try find where the game load the .sec file, if we can find it then we could implement some function to force a sector reload to keep the jump on one mission and not run other mission. :)

TanGO said:
Maybe I can found where damn all ships vars are stored and then incorporate to standoff DLL the patch previous to release the prologue.
First, get all the other patch stuff done - we should focus on the things we actually need, instead of adding new stuff that we don't really need ;).

Quarto said:
First, get all the other patch stuff done - we should focus on the things we actually need, instead of adding new stuff that we don't really need ;).

Oh yes!, I have the DLL ready Sr! :)
When you want I can send you the complete DLL includes HCL UE functions and my TNG_ new functions :p

Sometime I fail you?

TanGO

TanGO said:
Oh yes!, I have the DLL ready Sr! :)
When you want I can send you the complete DLL includes HCL UE functions and my TNG_ new functions :p
Hehe... The man doesn't waste any time, Q. :p :D

overmortal said:
He hasn't been heard from in some time. How long has it been, Quarto?
Quite a while, possibly as much as a month, although I can't remember for sure. More than long enough to start worrying, though, especially since he said he had a Sparrow for us :(.

If my daughter should have more than 12 years we could have a Sparrow... :)
But she only have 12 and she is learnng english, except that we manipulate your voice by mean of filters..., my wife only can talk spanish and french else also she should be recording now :p

Starkey said:
Can´t you get back to that job, Overmortal?

Heh . . . that's such a bad idea. Not only is my RL job kicking my ass like a bitch in a trailor park, but I'm also having to keep several personal projects supported, as well. That, plus my brief delusion that I'd be joining the military, are what prompted me to step down as head of voiceovers.

I would guess a S&R model of either a sabre, crossbow or broadsword. There really isn't much (if anything) known about S&R shuttles from this period of the war that I can recall off the top of my head...

Back