Jazz

Originally posted by Nep Parth
The Confederation, in the novels, was a lot worse off than the games suggest...to the point of them using gravity instead of freighters to supply materials for a few centi-credits less.

Think you mis-read the savings...

Still, you've gotta pay money to hollow out the asteroid...
Then again, you get raw materials from the asteroid, so it's a win-win situation.
Hey, Ladiesman, what's a swabbie?

You pay less money to extract the ore out of the asteroid than you do to move the asteroid to your processing plant and then extract the ore.

Looks like a swabbie is what you become when you're banned...as in, "busted down to swabbie".

mpanty, what exactly is a Keen Commander? I recognize the computer game reference, but I didn't see it in the list of ranks; are you a Moderator or somethin'?

mpanty reached the rank of major general, at which point you may request a custom rank graphic. It does not say that he's a mod or an admin under his rank, therefore he is not.

TC

I don't know it. But it sounds funny. Commander Keen --> Keen Commander --> imagination after the having seen pic: Funny person --> fitting very well to mpanty. :)
(real way of thinking after I saw it first time).

yea I remember keen, it was an ad on the box of my Duke Nukem (the original spelling) (the first game all three episodes) I saw it and bought it later it came on 2 1.4m disks.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Well, I do have contact lenses now and I have troubles reading on computer monitors, so I didn't see I was apologizing to you. <G>
Don't worry, you'll get used to it (both reading computer monitors with contacts, and apologizing to me! :D )
Originally posted by Rampage3051
mpanty, what exactly is a Keen Commander? I recognize the computer game reference, but I didn't see it in the list of ranks; are you a Moderator or somethin'?
Eh eh... Mekt told me that with this pic new members might take me for a moderator... <G>
But as TC pointed out, I'm not...

Moderators are special people that have the great privilege of reminding misbehaving members there are rules, and especially, to close threads when they get pointless...
Only TC and Earthworm are that lucky... <G>

But to answer your question, a "Keen Commander" is like a Wing Commander, but... more "Keen"... :)
Let's say I'm a keen Wing Commander! :cool:

Originally posted by Napoleon
yea I remember keen, it was an ad on the box of my Duke Nukem (the original spelling) (the first game all three episodes) I saw it and bought it later it came on 2 1.4m disks.

THOSE ARE BIG DISKS!

For a while, Gravis packaged a Commander Keen episode with their joysticks. Hours of fun :) Plug in the new hardware, and immediately, something new to use it with.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Originally posted by Napoleon

THOSE ARE BIG DISKS!

I believe he meant 1.4 Megabyte disks, not 1.4 Metre disks. :)

Back