I've Created a WC4 HD Video Pack

Would anyone have a list of WCIV FMV clips that include CG sequences as opposed to being entirely filmed footage?

I have something in mind, but I'd rather not have to skim through all the footage to do it.

Actually, turns out it doesn't take that long to check :)

If anyone else would find this information useful, these are the clips from WCIV that have significant CG/spacecraft elements:

SC_0010A
SC_0010E
SC_0010F
SC_0200A
SC_0890A
SC_1200A
SC_1200B
SC_1901A
SC_2180A
SC_2570A
SC_2900A
SC_2900B
SC_2900D
SC_2900E
SC_2970A
SC_3300A
SC_3300B
SC_3370A
SC_3410A
SC_3510A
SC_3510W
SC_3670A
SC_3670B
SC_3670C
SC_3670H
SC_7330A
SC_7340A
SC_7370A
SC_7380A
SC_8000B
SC_8001A
SC_8001B
SC_8002A
SC_8003A
SC_8004A
SC_8005A
SC_8006A
SC_8009A
SC_8010A
SC_8011A
SC_8013A

I was thinking here about WC3 with the Win95Patch that i put it out again
It would be possible to make "patch" for WC3 that enables external files on the same vein as Gemini's Patches for Capcom's RE and Dino Crisis games?

if not make WC3 recognize libvorbis and mp4?
you can pretty much force WC3 into HD using Dgvoodoo2 due to its ddraw.dll hook or sol's patch
making dsound recognize libvorbis and Mp4 wouldn't be a bad idea

I was thinking here about WC3 with the Win95Patch that i put it out again
It would be possible to make "patch" for WC3 that enables external files on the same vein as Gemini's Patches for Capcom's RE and Dino Crisis games?

if not make WC3 recognize libvorbis and mp4?
you can pretty much force WC3 into HD using Dgvoodoo2 due to its ddraw.dll hook or sol's patch
making dsound recognize libvorbis and Mp4 wouldn't be a bad idea
Sadly, this falls well outside my skillset - but I'd eagerly encourage any other Wingnuts with the relevant coding or EXE modding skills to take up this mantle.

In my experiments with further improving the WCIV videos for the remake, I've modified my workflow considerably since releasing the last WCIII HD Video Pack. If we had a method to get the videos playing in-game, I'd be happy to apply these improvements to the WCIII videos and release a newer, superior pack :)

Actually, turns out it doesn't take that long to check :)

If anyone else would find this information useful, these are the clips from WCIV that have significant CG/spacecraft elements:

It turns out we actually do have something similar: https://www.wcnews.com/articles/art26.shtml

It's a quickie index of what all the vob files are on WC4 DVD. You can kind of infer from the captions which ones are CG. You might benefit from some of the other descriptions as well. https://www.wcnews.com/news/2000/11/14/dvdetails

Prophecy is at https://www.wcnews.com/articles/art57.shtml

Hi im new and wow thats a great work with the remastered videos.

So that i understand that right, ich can use these viedeos to copy in my game folder to see that then, if i play wc4?

Sorry for my bad english

Hi im new and wow thats a great work with the remastered videos.

So that i understand that right, ich can use these viedeos to copy in my game folder to see that then, if i play wc4?

Sorry for my bad english

Hi @CPT_Stingray - welcome, and thank you!

Yes, you should just need to replace the .VOB files in the vob folder with the ones from the HD pack and it should work. Some people have had issues, while for others it works "out of the box". I included a release notes PDF with the videos that should provide some pointers if you have issues. If you download the Deutsche version, it's even translated thanks to some helpful Wingnuts :)

I'd recommend you backup your original game vob folder, just in case - to save you downloading them all again from GOG or Origin.

Thank you ODVS
I have an installed WC III Version from GOG, where can i find the folder to change the files?
i cant find the gamevideo files in the gog version

gogwc3.png

Thank you ODVS
I have an installed WC III Version from GOG where can i find the folder to change the files?
But i cant find the gamevideo files in the gog version

View attachment 12231
Ah, sorry @CPT_Stingray - at present the HD video packs only work in-game for WCIV and Prophecy. The version of WCIII currently available on GOG runs in DOSBOX and can't support modern video formats.

There's some mild discussion within the community to create a patch for the game, but it hasn't really gone anywhere yet.

Ah, sorry @CPT_Stingray - at present the HD video packs only work in-game for WCIV and Prophecy. The version of WCIII currently available on GOG runs in DOSBOX and can't support modern video formats.

There's some mild discussion within the community to create a patch for the game, but it hasn't really gone anywhere yet.
Ah ok i understand

I have the WC3 as Boxed Version too this is a possibility that it works?
I mean
i deinstalling the gog Version and i installing the PC Version with the cd´s? and then i can change the files?

Ah ok i understand

I have the WC3 as Boxed Version too this is a possibility that it works?
I mean
i deinstalling the gog Version and i installing the PC Version with the cd´s? and then i can change the files?
I'm afraid not, no.

The GOG version of WCIV is the DVD edition, which was Windows 95/Win32 native - and obviously Prophecy was from the start as well and a fan patch was created some years ago to get it to play DVD video files - so these can play modern video formats with little or no modification.

WCIII was a DOS native application, so that support isn't there. The Kilrathi Saga version of WCIII was Win32 native, which is why we have some hope that a patch could be created - but that hasn't happened just yet.

Last edited:
I'm afraid not, no.

The GOG version of WCIV is the DVD edition, which was Windows 95/Win32 native - and obviously Prophecy was from the start as well and a fan patch was created some years ago to get it to play DVD video files - so these can play modern video formats with little or no modification.

WCIII was a DOS native application, so that support isn't there. The Kilrathi Saga version of WCIII was Win32 native, which is why we have some hope that a patch could be created - but that hasn't happened just yet.
i posted the old conversion patch here in case of emergency in both MEGA and Zippyshare

This is amazing work. But for some reason malwarebytes detects the download links as a Trojan. This is a false positive, right?

This is amazing work. But for some reason malwarebytes detects the download links as a Trojan. This is a false positive, right?
Thanks, @YCDTD :)

It is a false positive, yes. I also use Malwarebytes and for some reason, the Browserguard extension for Chrome and Firefox has a bit of an issue with wcnews.com - I had to add a domain exception to get past it, as it throws up warnings for all download links on this site and blocks the Holovids from playing.

I had the same issue with wcrespace.com - which surprised the hell out of me because that's my site and I know that I'm not running any scams or phishing on it. I had to send a false positive takedown request to Malwarebytes to get it greenlisted. Turns out their heuristics are somewhat on the paranoid side.

Thanks, @YCDTD :)

It is a false positive, yes. I also use Malwarebytes and for some reason, the Browserguard extension for Chrome and Firefox has a bit of an issue with wcnews.com - I had to add a domain exception to get past it, as it throws up warnings for all download links on this site and blocks the Holovids from playing.

I had the same issue with wcrespace.com - which surprised the hell out of me because that's my site and I know that I'm not running any scams or phishing on it. I had to send a false positive takedown request to Malwarebytes to get it greenlisted. Turns out their heuristics are somewhat on the paranoid side.
Thanks for such a prompt reply. Keep fighting The Good Fight ODVS!

Hi there !
First, thank you for this wonderful job ! it makes me almost cry when I saw it.
I immediately reinstall the game !

Just one question, do you plan to make a restoration of the french WC3's FMVs ?
French dubbing of the game is really good so it would so nice !

Thanks again
Hi @Netsab - many thanks, and welcome to the forums! Thank you also for subscribing to my YouTube channel :)

I'd be more than happy to mux together a French version of the WC3 videos - I just don't have the audio!

If you have any way of getting the French audio to me, it wouldn't take long to put a French version together :)

Back