It's going down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Wedge009
Pfft, tell that to all the anti-war protesters...

They want war too. They said they'd wage war on Howard. How is that meant to make sense? But yeah, they're still at it in full force. On that subject, I hope that the people who went over as human shields do survive, and have second doubts about turning traitor like they did.

Thanks for the props Logan. Saddam has been given enough chance to comply. His atrocities against his people, and the ones he would be capeable of if he gets the weapons he apparently wants, has to end.

Australian Prime Minister John Howard, who committed Australian forces to war in Iraq. He really has earned the ire of protesters in the country (think Tony Blair) and there have been burnings of the Australian flag, which was nice, :rolleyes: and protesters who say they don't want war are declaring war against John Howard. Not a war like America is waging on Iraq, like Quarto said, but think of the logic. They don't want war, but they're declaring war. How about fighting for an important topic like the land rights for gay whales. :p

The amazing apathy of a people who won't do anything about suffering people until a war breaks out. And yes, we're probably all guilty of that whether we support the war or not.

You know I think there's a lot of truth in what you say. There's a lot of talk about the people of Iraq being victims in the war on Iraq. Where were these people when the Iraqi people were being arrested for speaking out against Saddam, being tortured and raped in every sense of the word while Saddam lived in palaces that were possible from the blood and blood money of his people?

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Where were these people...?
Exactly! So... I guess you'll have to change your signature, then. :)

But seriously, some - if not all - of these anti-war protesters seem almost as bad as those anti-WTO/globalisation protesters. Especially the poor misguided children/students they drag into it all.

Where were these people when the Iraqi people were being arrested for speaking out against Saddam, being tortured and raped in every sense of the word while Saddam lived in palaces that were possible from the blood and blood money of his people?

they were bitching about something else. they don't give a rat's ass about the iraqi people, they just want to get their dumbass on tv

Exactly! So... I guess you'll have to change your signature, then. :)

That should actually be called Putt's Law, after Australian Greens member Peg Putt. She protests everything. Case in point: she protested an American warship's arrival. As soon as everyone else agreed with her, she turns around and protests the decision to not have it here. And it works. She's on the news more than the Prime Minister, even if she is making a twit of herself by making false alligations that only get her into trouble and end up having her make apologies.

But seriously, some - if not all - of these anti-war protesters seem almost as bad as those anti-WTO/globalisation protesters. Especially the poor misguided children/students they drag into it all.

Yeah, I mean, lemme ask a question to those who protested the support for September 11 victims and actions to to prevent further terrorism. What would [bi]you[/bi] do if [bi]you[bi], or your family, were the victims of such an attack? America and those allied with her are honestly doing their best to help. And they feel the best way to help is by doing what they do. You may wonder about my stance to whether protesting the war is anti American. No, I don't. People have every right to protest. But the extremes they go to sometimes, passive treason such as burning of flags (the mileage of this will differ from person to person) and breaking the law. What's with this 'we will not cooperate' chant anyway? Outright colaboration with Iraq such as going over as human shields, taking the insanity enviromentilists took by chaining themselves to trees and bulldozers to new heights.

Originally posted by Aries
they were bitching about something else. they don't give a rat's ass about the iraqi people, they just want to get their dumbass on tv

That, and the children who are roped into the protests like Wedge mentioned, would probably show up at a wag against war if the protest was for the land rights for gay whales if it meant getting themselves on TV or getting out of school. I'd be willing to bet that if such a protest was held on a Saturday, privately, then it would be a spectacular failure.

Yeah, I mean, lemme ask a question to those who protested the support for September 11 victims and actions to to prevent further terrorism. What would [bi]you[/bi] do if [bi]you[bi], or your family, were the victims of such an attack?

they would be demanding the support that was given to the 9/11 victims and be demanding the government goes forth and kicks ass.

Outright colaboration with Iraq such as going over as human shields, taking the insanity enviromentilists took by chaining themselves to trees and bulldozers to new heights.

and the human shields ain't stopped the bombs dropping. all they're doing is demonstrating their own stupidity. i feel that if they get killed by the bombs, shit, just one less stupid person in the world

That, and the children who are roped into the protests like Wedge mentioned, would probably show up at a wag against war if the protest was for the land rights for gay whales if it meant getting themselves on TV or getting out of school. I'd be willing to bet that if such a protest was held on a Saturday, privately, then it would be a spectacular failure.

hell yeah!! most students protest to get out of class and to meet girls (or guys).

Yeah, I mean, lemme ask a question to those who protested the support for September 11 victims and actions to to prevent further terrorism. [...] America and those allied with her are honestly doing their best to help. And they feel the best way to help is by doing what they do.

The implication that people protesting against various military actions don't 'support' those people who died on September 11th is insulting, lacking any basis in fact and, to be quite frank, utter bullshit. Firstly, what the hell do you mean by 'support'. These people are, quite unfortunately, dead. You can't support them and even if you could, who are you to speak for them. As it stands, the only purpose I can see for even mentioning them in the above passage is to discredit people who protest military action. If you actually believe that people who were against military action in Afghanistan were somehow not saddened that people died, you have problems.

Go ahead and say you want to avenge those that died, if that's what you want. Don't claim you're doing it to support those that were victims and certainly don't use innocent victims to try and discredit people that disagree with you. To do so is presumptuous, as I'm rather sure you don't know what those who were killed would all want, and disrespectful.

I'm not saying that they are. I'm saying that there were actually people who were protesting showing support for the victims and the families of victims of September 11. Such as how we shouldn't drive with our lights on to show our support on September 11 2002. 'those who protested the support for September 11 victims'. What I mean is the victims themselves and the families of victims. The brotherhood of firefighters who were declared as real supermen and real heroes. The police officers who kept order. The doctors and ambulance workers. The searchers sifting through the rubble desperately trying to find survivors, but could only find bodies and body parts. Nothing to do with military action. It is these people that were referred to when protestors say they should move on. That they should not deserve our support. I'll dig up some evidence of this if you want me to.

Originally posted by Aries
and the human shields ain't stopped the bombs dropping... i feel that if they get killed by the bombs, just one less stupid person in the world
That's not exactly a constructive view to take either. That's just taking the opposite extreme. Even though I'm in favour of the war [scratch that, no one likes war, I mean I favour removing Saddam Hussein, etc], I still felt a chill run through me when I saw the first bombs hit. And Allied casualties are stacking up quickly...

Just a little additional word.

Don't categorize all war-protesters as 'traitors' (that can be debated) or insincere airheads. Some of us/them see some sort of danger on the other side of it. You know, the symbolic stuff. Bombs dropped on the birthplace of civilisation (that Sumerian nest), a religious zealot breaking free of a union of nations some of his predecessors helped build up... I could swear I've seen something similar in a computer game... But that's getting off topic. (Well, off the intended topic of THIS POST, anyway.)
The REAL problem will turn up soon enough... And it's not the anti-war movements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back