It's going down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip Tanaka

Swabbie
Banned
War has broken out in Iraq, an hour and a half after the American deadline for Saddam to surrender. What seems like Tomahawk cruise missiles have been striking Iraq. I'll try and keep you posted.
 

Phillip Tanaka

Swabbie
Banned
Well as you probably know, Baghdad has been evacuated. It's dawn there now, and we can see that the streets are empty. Save for one or two cars it is devoid of all life. Which is good, because it means that there is less chance of innocent casulties. The bombing were started by crusie missiles and F-117 stealth bombs, and there are plans for the air campaign to start later today or tommorow with the possibility of their 'mother of all bombs' being utilised.
 

t.c.cgi

Vice Admiral
Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
...with the possibility of their 'mother of all bombs' being utilised.

Hey, if you're gonna drop something, you want people 3 countries over to know when it hits!
 

Preacher

Swabbie
Banned
Not exactly. As I listen to the newz in the background, they're sayin' it's just the first few "softening strikes" prior to the actual war.... In fact, the first newz tidbit I heard today was that a couple groups of Iraqui miltary guys have ALREADY surrendered to the coalition! Ha; pretty much the same as last time!...

Anyhoo, wouldn't it be GREAT if we begin to kick Iraq's ass again, and his senior "inner circle" leaders got so torqued off at him at getting demolished again that that they decided in unison to string him up in the public square?... SCHWEET!
 

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
The way I understand it there were 19 Iraqi soldiers that surrendered well before the deadline.
 

Aries

Vice Admiral
just got off of CNN.com. bout the only thing of importance i saw was that there was an attempt to take out saddam. don't know if it succeded. god i hope it did, but the guy has more lives than a cat

Originally posted by Preacher
Anyhoo, wouldn't it be GREAT if we begin to kick Iraq's ass again, and his senior "inner circle" leaders got so torqued off at him at getting demolished again that that they decided in unison to string him up in the public square?... SCHWEET!

wouldn't happen. the people he has for his 'inner circle' wouldn't know what to do with a coup if they were handed one with a 2000 page instruction manual, complete with color photos. number 1 rule for a dictator: never have anyone smarter than you alive in your country, less they're family, and even then keep 4 eyes on them
 

T8H3X11

Spaceman
It was a target of opportunity. Probably one of his nine doubles. MSNBC.com has better information than CNN.
 

Phillip Tanaka

Swabbie
Banned
Sorry for not being in much sooner. Have a bit of a storm here and was offline for a couple of hours.

Originally posted by t.c.cgi
Hey, if you're gonna drop something, you want people 3 countries over to know when it hits!

In this day and age, we can watch the bombs drop live.

Originally posted by Preacher
Not exactly. As I listen to the newz in the background, they're sayin' it's just the first few "softening strikes" prior to the actual war....

Oh this is only the beginning. Bush was saying how this is only the start of the war in his address to the nation. I have to give him credit, he was a lot better controlled than the Australian government was last Tuesday. He said that the coilition of the willing will prevail, he stressed how they will do everything in their power to avoid innocent casulties, and that Saddam will no longer be able to harm the people of Iraq.

Originally posted by Preacher
In fact, the first newz tidbit I heard today was that a couple groups of Iraqui miltary guys have ALREADY surrendered to the coalition! Ha; pretty much the same as last time!...

Well that's good. They're doing the smart thing in surrendering.

Originally posted by Preacher
Anyhoo, wouldn't it be GREAT if we begin to kick Iraq's ass again, and his senior "inner circle" leaders got so torqued off at him at getting demolished again that that they decided in unison to string him up in the public square?... SCHWEET!

That would be good. The sooner the war ends the better.

Originally posted by Aries
wouldn't happen. the people he has for his 'inner circle' wouldn't know what to do with a coup if they were handed one with a 2000 page instruction manual, complete with color photos. number 1 rule for a dictator: never have anyone smarter than you alive in your country, less they're family, and even then keep 4 eyes on them

I would hope something like this would happen. By all accounts a lot of Iraqis are fed up with Saddam and someone may just get rid of him to stop what will happen to Iraq.
 

Quarto

Unknown Enemy
Originally posted by T8H3X11
It's ok we have the news.
Speak for yourself :(. I live in a hollowed-out tree in the midst of an impenetrable swamp and have no access to any modern form of communication.
 

Ripper

Peace Through Superior Firepower
Originally posted by Ghost
Wow, yeah keep me posted, CNN doesn´t reach this backwater 3rd world country!
Thanks.

We know. We'll try to take up the slack.:rolleyes:


Why are you still fay pink?
 

Preacher

Swabbie
Banned
Originally posted by Shaggy
The way I understand it there were 19 Iraqi soldiers that surrendered well before the deadline.
Yeah, like I said. I'd heard that (whatever the exact number), they surrendered in two groups.

If this ends up anything like last time, that'll only serve as the beginning of what will be voluminous waves of white-flag-loving Iraqis. Guess that goes to show Saddam "who Da man?" (namely, the fact that he AIN'T...:cool: )

Originally posted by Aries
... the people he has for his 'inner circle' wouldn't know what to do with a coup if they were handed one with a 2000 page instruction manual, complete with color photos.
Well, that's prolly cuz the manual was written with crayon, and in English...
Originally posted by Ripper
...Why are you still fay pink?
The spelling is "fey", Bub...

Originally posted by Quarto
Speak for yourself :(. I live in a hollowed-out tree in the midst of an impenetrable swamp and have no access to any modern form of communication.
Well, then, you must be neighbors with Yoda, or else Ernie (the head Keebler Elf), eh?...:D
 

Preacher

Swabbie
Banned
BTW, I wanted to take the time to thank all you Aussies & Brits on this board for the help your governments have given to us in standing with us in "Gulf War II: The Sequel".

We Yanks are used to standing alone if need be, but it helps to have two of probably our "closest cousins" (except maybe for the Canadiens) to be with us in this difficult time. My hats are off to y'all. Thank you sincerely. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top