Is this project dead?

Yikes. Howard's work was INCREDIBLE. The Claw, the Ralari, they were awesome. I really do hope he revisits the project someday.

I wouldn't say that no progress has been made. They've certainly being making progress. However, when you are doing something from the ground up it's not always as easy to showcase progress besides the visuals that Howard has provided.

I'm sure they are still cranking away in some regards, but like anything life gets in the way. I don't think it's hibernating, so much as on a back burner.

The best way though to get people working...just keep nagging them :p

True, but it would be nice for them to post in the forum every month or two at least to say that they're still at work on it, even if there's no progress worth reporting. It's the months of silence that are scary.

Now I'm starting to wonder a bit...I haven't seen Brad or Howard on XBox Live in quite a while. I know they still check the CZ...but any words at all guys?

It seems like ages since we've seen one of Howard's amazing fast produced super gorgeous models :p

Hey guys, I've unfortunately not got a whole lot to report from my end. I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more for the 'playable' version of the game for some time now for number and design checking. I've also been terribly busy with work, i'll be sandbox-ward before to long, so fill in the blanks there. Howards been waiting for the same thing i've been waiting for as well. All of the content we need is done, we just need the working engine to dump it into. That's really it. I'll have to get with Howard on a status update, or put a bug in his ear to stop in and report himself.

Brad

So who is it that you are waiting on at this time for the code, and is there anything that we can do to assist you?

What you should really do is switch to the Vega Strike engine. Did you know that the Vega Strike engine is made of candy and when you play it, you get smarter? Also, I heard that one time the engine that you're using that isn't the Vega Strike engine said you look dumb.

What you should really do is switch to the Vega Strike engine. Did you know that the Vega Strike engine is made of candy and when you play it, you get smarter? Also, I heard that one time the engine that you're using that isn't the Vega Strike engine said you look dumb.

That just made my day.

True, but I think you're forgetting that the real problem here is that their own engine will be working against them until they decide to go open source because all engines secretely want to be like Vega Strike.

I heard Duke Nukem Forever got delayed again bacause 3Drealms were advised to switch over and start from scratch in the Vega Strike engine.

I heard Duke Nukem Forever got delayed again bacause 3Drealms were advised to switch over and start from scratch in the Vega Strike engine.

hahaha

No no no. You're missing the point. Duke Nukem Forever got cancelled because 3D Realms insisted on making their own engine and not switching to Vega Strike.

Unfortunately, this was something that charlieg warned the studio about many years ago.

:p

Well, duke will be back, someday, since the massive investments in it... and i'm pretty sure one of the things not using a certain engine will be base of the lawsuits.

Did you know Id software's Tech5 engine runs over 40% slower on the PS/3 then it does on the xbox360? I heard because due to licensing, only the VegaStrike engine is allowed to use all cores of the PS3, plus unlock a new feature that that interfaces with your brain directly.

But back to Pioneer, I'm pretty sure they have their engine planned and if they are waiting on a developer to forward certain results, i hope they have good contact with him, and if you have the recources, it's always preferreble to create something from the baseline then tying odds and ends to the existing source code(like probably the saga and standoff teams had to resort to.

Back