In search for WCSO Models

Yeah, the Midway only appears on the losing path (that, and the game intro). I'm not sure if we even see it - maybe we just meet up with fighters from the Midway?

@ quarto: was that awesome green moving nebula in UE ( sim mission) custom made, or is it a hidden secotor file?

It made me dizzy after a short period of time :D

can this effect be included in a s0.mis file? or is far more complicated?

Of course you can use it, it's just a sector file. I don't remember it's name though, but figuring it out by the filename should be easy; just extract the files from the TREs.

Yeah, the Midway only appears on the losing path (that, and the game intro). I'm not sure if we even see it - maybe we just meet up with fighters from the Midway?
We do see the Midway in Sirius. In fact, one of the missions involves a defence of the Midway.

@ pete: but the sectorfile must be implemented somewhere, otherwise secret ops does not recognise it ( I am working with the mission builder)

@ pete: but the sectorfile must be implemented somewhere, otherwise secret ops does not recognise it ( I am working with the mission builder)
Hummm... I've never really used the mision builder, can't help you with that. You should really learn to code with WCPPas instead.

You'll have to change the nebula's sector file to a.sec, the mission builder uses a.sec for all its missions.

in fact, you can change the sector by opening the mission file (s0.mis or whatever) with your hex editor, and search for "SCTRID__". 4 bytes after this keyword you can specify the sector file, with a.sec, b.sec etc.

this changes the color for the nebula.

a.sec is by default the blue nebula, if you don't change the mis file, all your missions are made in the blue nebula.

@ lt overload: do you mean, I should copy the "weird nebula" to the folder of the mission builder and rename it there to a.sec?

the game might crash?

@ pete: ok, I took a look at killerwaves sector files

each sector consists of 2 files: one mat file (copied to folder mat) and of course one sec file (copied to folder mission)

I unpacked the uedata.tre and found quickly the gneb.sec. I copied gneb.sec to mission and 00056023.mat to folder mat.

then I edited the s0.mis file and changed the SCTRID_....a.sec to gneb.sec

when i run the game i get a fatal error: "Error C Mission.:load_med_-missing mission properties"

what does this error mean?

@ pete: ok, I took a look at killerwaves sector files

each sector consists of 2 files: one mat file (copied to folder mat) and of course one sec file (copied to folder mission)

I unpacked the uedata.tre and found quickly the gneb.sec. I copied gneb.sec to mission and 00056023.mat to folder mat.

then I edited the s0.mis file and changed the SCTRID_....a.sec to gneb.sec

when i run the game i get a fatal error: "Error C Mission.:load_med_-missing mission properties"

what does this error mean?
that's what i got when i edit the .mis files. Just rename gnab.sec into a.sec, and back up your original a.sec with something like aorigin.sec

in fact, killerwaves sector guide just works partly.

whenever I type a sector that contains more than one letter, the game crashes.

so no intro.sec, alberg.sec

only a.sec, b.sec

i've tried once, but whenever i edit text in a .mis file, i get "Error C Mission.:load_med_-missing mission properties"

whenever i use a new sector file i put the required mats in the MAT Folder and the sector file in the Missions folder, then rename the .sec into a.sec.

Back