In search for WCSO Models

Triple-B

Rear Admiral
I am currently trying to work on a campaign for WCSO, however I am desperate need of WC3/WC4 cap ships ( cruisers, carriers etc.)

If anyone could help me out, please leave a message

btw: where can I find the vesuvius WCSO model?

thanks

at killerwaves page there is only the victory (unfortunately labeled as victory on the ship) and a destroyer.

the border worlds tallahasse is not of real use to me. I need confed colors.

@ vesuvius: I searched in WCPedit and could not find the tcs st. helens

edit: it is named wc3cv, okay.. as a matter of fact, landing works on the vesuvius

I believe KillerWave's page is literally the only place where you'll find WC3/4 capships for WCP/SO. There's a couple more of them in Unknown Enemy, but they all use Border Worlds colours.

i liked the models from UE. I don't if this is a lot I ask for, but would it be possible to change the colors of the UE ship models ( just those of WC3/Wc4 era) to confed blue and send them to me? :eek:

another problem is that the southhampton class destroyer from killerwave has not got any turrets (unarmed) so it is of no use to me :(

Yes, this is a lot to ask for :p. I'm not a graphics artist, I stay as far away from models and textures as possible, so I'm afraid you're on your own.

As for turrets, you can edit the ship file yourself and add them - I'm pretty sure KillerWave's tutorials talk about that as well, and even provides you with links to the tools you need for this.

See, in the end, it comes down to this - unless you want to make a mod that only uses materials from straight from WCP/SO, you will not be able to just make missions and nothing else. You'll have to learn other aspects of WCP modding as well. It's not convenient, and it's not especially easy - but that's just the way it is. The editing community is very friendly and very helpful, but there's very, very few of us, and to make things worse, at this point most of us don't have time to do much. What's more, we all have different skills, so we're not able to help with just anything. I, for example, can help with missions and the like - but when it comes to graphics, converting ships into WCP and so on, I'm useless.

just curious to know:

what capship models were there for UE in total ( border worlds only) ? are they modeled as "capship" or just as "ship" ?

are they built in the same way as the models from killerwave or the ships section of wcnews?

I don't quite remember. There was the Dauntless (Bengal-class), of course. Apart from that, we had a cruiser from WC4, and the WC4 carrier... which was rescaled to be about 20% bigger, in order to give us more space to fit in fighters in a cutscene showing the carrier's hangar bay. And there was the WC4 spacelab - also rescaled quite a bit. That about covers it, I think.

can you give me the cruiser and the carrier, please ?

do you know how I can give the wingmen names?

when using the mission builder the pilot name is the same as his fighter craft

e.g. pilot stilletto is named panther

I know that the mission builder can't handle a custom name, but I imagine that in the s0.mis file must be a place to enter a custom name

It's as simple as extracting the contents of the UE TRE files using Treman. You can download Treman from HCl's page.

As for the pilot... I don't know how exactly this would be done in the mission builder, but you need to change the ship's target string property - if you set it to 1, the ship will automatically be labelled with the pilot's callsign.

ok, i get this error when i run treman..

now what?

Attachments

• treman.JPG
    treman.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 53
Um Duh... It's telling you exactly what to do. :D you have to use Treman just like any dos program....

Wherever your secret ops folder is put Treman in there.... for example. C:/Secret Ops/Treman.exe

Your error messege is actually telling you exactly what your supposed todo

Goto Start > Run > then type in where your Secret Ops or Standoff Folder is on your Hardrive....

C:/Secret Ops/Treman.exe <Then whatever file your looking to pull apart>

So it may look like
C:/Secret Ops/Treman.exe Object.tre

This will create a folder called Objects in that directory. Or even Data.tre So it would look like this

C:/Secret Ops/Treman.exe Data.tre (Then it will extract all files that are in the Data.tre to different folders in your directory)

Or Music.tre or Mission.tre.... Are you following?

omg..

I found a file in ships called princeton.iff together with all other ships in my folder

now, how can I determine which files of mesh etc. belong to the princeton, its all mixed with my other files :(

its easy to lacate the princeton in mesh and ships, but mat is just full of numbers.

The Mats are all the textures for a given model....I'm not really sure to locate them once in the mod (As in where to find the numbers in the Mesh files)...but turn the Mats into bmp or jpegs using (texconv.exe) << I can't remember where to find this may HCI or Britos sites. I can't remember. You also have to remember if it has a bridge component, engine component, etc..etc... those are seperate meshes depending on how it was implemented into the vision engine.

To be honest, I find the simplest method to figure out mat numbers is trial and error. Copy the ship and mesh files (but not the mat files) into the right folders, add the ship into a mission, and run the game. It will crash, telling you that a particular mat file was missing. Now, copy that mat file into the right place, and run the game again - if the ship only needed one mat file, it'll now work. If it needed more, it'll now tell you about another mat file, and you have to repeat the process until the game finds all the mat files it needs.

Now, that's the simplest method - it's definitely not the smartest. As I recall, one of HCl's (or Thomas'?) tools actually allows you to check what the mat numbers for a given mesh are. That's much more convenient... but whenever I find myself needing to check a ship's mat file numbers, I just can't remember which tool it was. Usually, I only remember what it was once it's no longer needed. Needless to say, right now, I don't remember :p.

its very hard to determine the chunks of a ship, to wheter it belong to a tallahasse or a concordia or the intrepid

Back