Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Free Republic of Landreich

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • A Draw

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by Happy

The Army does operate fixed wing aircraft. they are mainly transport, and i think the ac-130 specter gun platform is operated by the army. Not to mention the 82 and 101 Airbourne, who jump from army planes.
the aircraft are airforce used to transport the army airbourne and the gun platforms are air force to.

my dad was in the air force before that army.
friends in 82 air bourne and usmc.
all air bourne use air force to transport the units.

Originally posted by Battler Hawke

by law of congress army can only have helos cand air force can only have fixst wing

hood003.gif

Really?
:D ;)

Funny...
I don't see anything that indicates the branch of service in that picture. No clue where you got it from, either.
For all I know, they could be Marines (who are allowed to operate any type of aircraft, as is the Navy) launching a drone.
No clue if unmanned remotes are legal for the army to operate, though.

Originally posted by junior
Funny...
I don't see anything that indicates the branch of service in that picture. No clue where you got it from, either.
For all I know, they could be Marines (who are allowed to operate any type of aircraft, as is the Navy) launching a drone.
No clue if unmanned remotes are legal for the army to operate, though.

It is from the US Army site.

plus the marines are getting new uniforms

uniforms6.jpg

if u look close, they look like camo from old computer games circa 1990. all pixelated

Less detailed camo = less time/money to produce.

And if you're close enough for the enemy to see the details of the camo, the camo probably isn't going to help you much. At the range it does help, you won't notice the difference between "pixelate" and the prettier stuff we use now.

But that arouses a question. How are they going to make these new uniforms? Are they going to run them through a cheap color printer from the 80's? :D

lol...

"SOLDIER! I SAID DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY! WHY HAVE YOU NOT DONE SO?!"

"Sir, they never gave me a push-up animation, sir."

"OH WELL SOLDIER! NOW GET THERE AND FIGHT THOSE COMMUNISTS AND ALIENS!! GO GO GO!!!!"

EDIT -

Isn't that new camo the CADPAT stuff (that the Canadians made). It's supposed to be MORE effective than current camo.

yea, it is based upon the Canadian camo.
it is more effective, though it doesn't look it.
and it is actually more expesive, as the USMC is the only US branch to use it. and it is MORE detailed believe it or not. the old camo was designed by hand. the new camo is designed by computer program.

yea, it is based upon the Canadian camo.
it is more effective, though it doesn't look it.
and it is actually more expesive, as the USMC is the only US branch to use it. and it is MORE detailed believe it or not. the old camo was designed by hand. the new camo is designed by computer program.

saw something on historychannel and tech tv 2 tv shows one tech of and other is Modern fighting mashines (I think) both said that it is a home grone (USA) designe.
if you look close you will see the words US Army in it ( use a microscope)

Originally posted by Battler Hawke

saw something on historychannel and tech tv 2 tv shows one tech of and other is Modern fighting mashines (I think) both said that it is a home grone (USA) designe.
if you look close you will see the words US Army in it ( use a microscope)

Well, i'm as American as they come and i'd like for us to take credit for it.....but the Canadians DID invent it...and I can find proof if you REALLY want me too....what's actually kind of funny is the Canadians made it, but don't really use it as it's too expensive for them :)

if u look close, they look like camo from old computer games circa 1990. all pixelated

If you have a problem with the new uniforms, maybe you should take it up with Mister Laser!

Back