Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Rapier II

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • Broadsword

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Sabre

Votes: 18 27.7%

• Total voters
If you had to fly a fighter from Wc2 not special ops 1 or 2 on a general mission which would it be.

1. Ferret
  2. Epee
  3. Rapier II
  4. Broadsword
  5. Sabre

The Rapier II has always been my favorite fighter, ever since I first flew it in wc1, so I would have to pick that one.

If I'm flying in the WC2 game engine, the Sabre would be my choice due to its gun loadout.

But if this is Standoff we are talking about, then I would like the Epee with its discreet profile.

Christ! Somebody actually likes the sabre? I always got dead before i managed to do some fancy flying. Two missiles and you're down... How do you people actually manage to use that thing?

Christ! Somebody actually likes the sabre? I always got dead before i managed to do some fancy flying. Two missiles and you're down... How do you people actually manage to use that thing?

Use your superior shields to your advantage, fire at max range as often as possible to score some early armor-rippage and, like it was said earlier, bob and weave. Take fire dead on and...well...you're dead. Like I've said before, it's the only craft I've been able to use to complete the very nasty final mission on the winning path in Standoff Ep. 3, as I was the only craft left in the air, save for the Fralthi. And my craft was a Sabre. Fly anything else, and you were just plain dead.

Sabre or Mornigstar both fared well against most oponents. Second choice would be Broadsword and lastly Super Ferret.

The Super Ferret's missiles were mostly for shooting bombers before their rear turrets could eat into your armor. I definitely prefer it over the Epee, though.

hehe, I always thought the non-Standoff Rapier II and Sabre kinda sucked due to gun placement (and especially the Sabre due to it's crappy shields and armor compared to it's large size)- the Broadsword tore s*** up. That said, the Standoff Rapier II is a downright respectable fighter.

If we are talking about the WC2 engine as well then it is the Broadsword. Ist pretty much unstoppable if you fly it well. And it would probably be in almost any engine.

I actually never liked flying the Rapier in WingII, even though it's my favorite fighter by far in terms of looks. It's odd, because on paper it seems great - good speed, decent protection and a powerful punch - but in practice I never could get it to work. The cockpit visibility was far inferior to every other ship other than the Broadsword, and it didn't have the latter's incredibly high shields and armor. The guns ran out of power too fast. In fact, I had a greater success rate in the Epee, since even though it was far less well protected it was also more maneuverable and better able to disengage.

So I have to go with the less glamorous Ferret. It flew like a better Scimitar (another ship whose appearance never matched its performance), something you could slash as well as stab with.

If we are talking about the WC2 engine as well then it is the Broadsword. Ist pretty much unstoppable if you fly it well. And it would probably be in almost any engine.

The Broadsword's only real drawback is that it is utterly helpless against faster craft that posses long-range guns, if the AI could handle them at all decently. Drakhri and Strakha especially would be able to remain outside of the range of the Broadsword's mass drivers and turrets while still being able to shoot it.

Back