If Saffron Burrows isn't avalible...

Phillip Tanaka

Swabbie
Banned
Who, in your opinion, should play Angel should they make another Wing Commander movie, if for some reason Saffron can't play the role? I have a couple of ideas below.

Yolanda Jilot: She was quite believible as Angel, and I had no trouble working out who she was. Jilot's the obvious shoe in, in my humble opinion.
Caroline Craig: Not many of you would be familier with Craig. She plays Sergeant Tess Gallegher (think that's how it's spelt) in the police drama Blue Healers. Tess is tough, and a leader who doesn't have trouble throwing her weight about. But she isn't nasty like Angel could be in the movie, and can be quite sweet. She also has the right looks I think.
Kari Wuhrer: I know, you're wondering what the hell. Well, I admit she'd be an outside shot, but if she could pull off a decent Belgium ascent then she'd be okay for the role.

she would (in responce to Kari) but she strikes me as a tad too airheadish for the role.

for an older angel (WC2 era) i say Sophie Marceau, if she can pull off the fighter pilot parts, would work nicely

I wouldn't say Kari would be too big an airhead, but I'd say more that she's more suited to roles like Tanya, which absolubtly rule.

Sophie Marceau played Electra King in Thw World is not Enough, didn't she?

Kari doesn't strike me as "intelligent" enough to play Angel. not to say she's stupid or anything, it's just Angel is more of a thinking role and Kari is more suited to action roles. though if she did play the part I'd have a new vote for the best looking Angel! :D

Yeah, me too. :D You're right though. I'm not sure if Angel ever heard of Roy Boehm, but she takes something he said to heart. I'll paraphrase below. "Never throw a blanking thing away. Because someday, the sons of bitches will come after you, and you'll have to defend yourself. Because you're a bleeping woman of war, they'll think you're a knuckle dragger who don't keep good records. Well, blank the bleeping blankers. You read every blanking scrap of paper you come across. You read every blanking thing of who the blank, what the blank, where the blank, when the blank, why the blank and how the blank. Save everything. That way, when they come after you, you'll blow 'em out of the blanking water."

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
...Kari Wuhrer: I know, you're wondering what the hell....
No, I'm wondering WHO the hell...
Heard the name, but can't place it. What would I know her from? What has she done so far, etc.?...

ever played Command & Conquer Red Alert 2? she was Tanya in that. She was also the chick on the movie anaconda (not J-Lo but the other one) that's all I can remember but I'm sure she's done other stuff.

Re: Re: If Saffron Burrows isn't avalible...

Originally posted by Preacher
No, I'm wondering WHO the hell...
Heard the name, but can't place it. What would I know her from? What has she done so far, etc.?...

She was also, Maggie Beckett in Sliders.
Kinda cute, but I don't think she'd suit Angel.

Sophie Marceau on the other hand would make a decent older Angel :)

Sophie Marceau I wouldn't have minded as Angel. Heh, maybe she and Saffron Burrows should have swapped roles. :)

And I have another canidate, Peta Doodson. She's also from Blue Healers, and plays Inspector Monica Draper. She looks and acts exactly like a 40 year old Colonal Devereaux, which, going by that she was 28 in 2654, would be that age. Maybe Peta's role is turned up one or two notches. Take a look and see for yourself. http://www.dodginess.net/ukbhw/others.htm

was curious where I knew Kari Wuher from. . .Sliders used to be a weekly staple of mine (though it came on Fridays, so the VCR helped me there). I'll echo this from a thread from some time ago on Angel casting but Dina Meyers would n't be a bad choice. I'll still stick with my 1st choice form said thread though, Eliza Dushku :)

C-ya

Thanks for reminding me. Top Gun had a good acter who could play Angel well. (Top Gun's instructor Viper, y'see). Actually, there's two. Charlie, Maverick's girlfriend would be good (and I swear that's where they got a few ideas from), though maybe a bit too old now, and there was also a game based on Top Gun, where there was a pilot who was much like Angel from WC1. Not sure who it is, but I remember saying how cool it would be if she was real. Well that's your girl. I have a pic of her in a magazine, I'll try and scan it and put it up somewhere.

Thanks for reminding me...and there was also a game based on Top Gun, where there was a pilot who was much like Angel from WC1. Not sure who it is, but I remember saying how cool it would be if she was real. Well that's your girl...
You mean the game "Top Gun" for the PC, put out by Microprose?.... I have that one, tho' never played it thru far enough to see any such female...

There's two Top Gun games, one is called Hornet's Nest, where your CO was the guy from the movie and Lt. Lodge, that six or seven foot tall woman. The other is called Fire At Will, where you fly with Merlin through Top Gun and missions in Korea, Cuba, Libya and others. The story is extended by bringing in Maverick's search for information on his father, who was shot down by the game's main protagonist, and interacting with fellow pilots. One of them is Lt. Rachel Singer, callsign Raven. That's the girl.

I scanned that pic of Raven. It's not the best quality, but the best I could do. Couldn't find anything on the Internet. Um, where would I be able to put it?

Originally posted by TopGun
Show us then

I'd love to. But since I can't find any pics of her, the scanned one's all I got. But I'm not sure how to get it out to you.

Also, reember Manon from Medal of Honor? Wasn't she played by a real actress or someything? If so, she would be absolubtly perfect for Angel.

There's two Top Gun games... The other is called Fire At Will, where you fly with Merlin through Top Gun and missions in Korea, Cuba, Libya and others...

Yeah, I think it was the second one you mentioned above. Chronologically, tho', that was the FIRST of the two that came onto the market, and Hornet's Nest was a sort of sequel that came out about 2 yrs. later.

Back