ICIS Manual On-Line

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
Yay, I finally finished the ICIS Manual. Actually, it only took me a few days to do it, but formatting was a bit of a pain. I apologise for the lack of pictures, but there's not much I can do about that on my own.

So, what do people think? Keep in mind this is the Singaporean version - I'm really interested to know what sort of differences there are in the other editions, and what extra stuff the Prophecy Gold manual has.

not a bad bit of work

I have the Gold edition manual. This has the flight manual in the front with the ICIS manual starting about half way through it. After that is a 21 page addendum for Secret Ops, which outlines transfer orders, outline of the Cerberus' mission, and stats on all the "black"fighters and other Confed fighters that you will be fighting with as well as stats on new gun and missile varients. The whole Prophecy Gold manual is 140 pages long.

Edfilho said:
I can scan the brazillian version for you.
I appreciate the offer, but I'm not sure if I can download such a huge volume of information. Is it hugely different? Do you think you can just point out any obvious differences?

Moonsword said:
I see typo #1. Good work, by the way.
Oops, the old copy-and-paste trap. Thanks for pointing it out! It should be fixed now.

Starkey said:
What about those bomb racks? Were they ever supposed to show up in the game?
I think so. They must have been planned at some stage or another, just like the anti-missile auto-turret thingamijigi on the nose of the Panther and Vampire.

Wedge009 said:
I think so. They must have been planned at some stage or another, just like the anti-missile auto-turret thingamijigi on the nose of the Panther and Vampire.

which also didn't made it in-game, I guess.

Starkey said:
What about those bomb racks? Were they ever supposed to show up in the game?

they do. you just ahve to use wcpedit to use them. those bombs are really cool, huge explosion, but not very powerful and pretty slow, but I tweaked them to be as powerful as an ImRec. try them out, their really cool.

Really? I tinkered around with WCPedit a long time ago, so that's probably why I don't remember it. I'm not keen on mucking about with WCP/SO, though - it seems to play around with my save game, with capships spontaneously blowing up upon arrival. I know it only seems to happen with Locke's old patches, but still...

Wedge009 said:
Really? I tinkered around with WCPedit a long time ago, so that's probably why I don't remember it. I'm not keen on mucking about with WCP/SO, though - it seems to play around with my save game, with capships spontaneously blowing up upon arrival. I know it only seems to happen with Locke's old patches, but still...

yeah, for some reason in SO, when Im supposed to destroy the comm station it blows up when I get there and in the next mission when I have to perform a visual recon of it, its still alive so I have to try to kill it( but usually I switch the panther with the wasp and put torps on the wasp which is really fun!) teh missile is called Unknown 1 in WCPEdit, and comes up as Toilet Paper in-game. its a really cool missle if you want to so big explosions!

Toilet paper, huh? Very amusing.

I never had the comm station blow up (IIRC, this is the Nephilim one which you're supposed to kill in Operation: Ambush, right?), just the two Orcas when Dallas says "Those destroyers are huge, Casey...", and Luyten station in SO.

Okay, I've added several pictures to the ICIS manual. For the characters, I used HCl's Movie Player to hunt down the movie frame which matches the manual picture the closest. I think I've got them pretty close - it's times like this that I wish I wasn't such a perfectionist! I don't believe Finley's picture in the manual was actually from the movies - she looks much nicer in that pic than in the game! Also, Wilford's picture is from WC4 - I can only guess that they wanted to use a picture of him at his 'desk'.

I've also added the Confed logo and Scottish flag to Paladin's letter to Blair on page 2. The Confed logo PNG is circular, not square, but it doesn't seem to display as a circle in the browser.

For the fighters, I've grabbed the nicest pictures I could find from my collection which matched the manual pictures the closest, and I also used the scan of page 41 from the CIC's news update for the weapons on page 41.

Finally, I've attempted to add the 'classified' background picture to pages 4 to 20. I hope everything works out all right for people - I think it's a significant improvement to actually have some pictures instead of huge blank spaces. Perhaps someday in the future when I have a proper website, I'll put up the pictures in full-colour, where possible. Or maybe not, since the original manual is grey-scale...

Very nice!

Some pictures seem to be quite near the text but that is not really a problem.

What a chance you're such a perfectionist - else we hadn't such a nice site. :)

Thanks for the thumbs-up, Mekt. I agree that the text wraps close to the pictures, but I'm not entirely sure that it's worth the effort to pop margins between images and the text. Anyway, I like what I've done with it so far...

Well, this picture/margin relation is complicated, considering how IE usually misunderstands everything related to positioning...

Nevertheless, congrats, it's a great work.

Hello again.

Just dropping in to say a number of pages have been updated. I have a scanner now, so I've added in some various headings with esoteric fonts, plus added Finley's picture, a couple of missing fighters, and the missile pictures. Oh, I also updated the pics on Paladin's letter too. They're relatively small changes, but I think it makes it look just that much nicer (and closer to the original).

If anyone has serious complaints, can you please e-mail me, since I'm a little busy and haven't been checking the forums a lot recently.

Back