Iceman's Pistol

Terrorizer

Spaceman
Is the pistol he is polishing in WC1 a Standard issue confed sidearm or an antique?

I always got the impression it was an antique because of it's silver color and similarity to those german pistols from WWII. But it kind of looks like the pistol Jazz used for all of his dirty work. What do you think?

i think you need to read the novels, its probably in there

myself i think its some kind of family heirloom, it looks like a luger from a distance though

I don't think there's any reference to Iceman's pistol in the books, though there are sidearms ine Echo War:p . In fact the only book that has all of the Claw pilots in it is Freedom Flight, and Hunter kind of dominates that story.
And it's not silver colored it's nickel plated dammit!
And now I would like to thank the NRA for the award of most padantic gun fan.;)

Iceman's gun is never mentioned in the novels, but I think Action Stations has a paragraph about different types of sidearms in Confed space.

Ruger?
Glock-9?
Walther PPK?
(What's the other one with the weird 2-part name I can't recall?...)

Nah; S&W ain't a weird enuff name. This is a foreign-sounding (German?) name I'm thinking of...

No, no "&" 's.

It's like a make-model type name, such as "Grumman Tomcat", to use a military aviation example...

Sig Sauer?

Not stictly a model name, it would be something like Sig Sauer P226 but it's weird, two pieced and german.

actually...

SIG Sauer are Swiss designed. But due to export issues, SIG had to pair up with German company Sauer. So pretty much, SIG supplies the blueprints, Sauer makes the guns.

Well strictly speaking I was referring to the language, not the gun... Swiss German is different from German German, agreed but still is called the same I believe. Of course You're absolutely right when it comes to the weapons.

Originally posted by Wedge009
What purpose would personal firearms have for pilots to hold them on a carrier, anyway?

When those evil Kilrathi try to board the ship :(

What purpose would personal firearms have for pilots to hold them on a carrier, anyway?

Nice to have something to shoot the enemy with if you get shot down, or to shoot yourself with if you get shot down and are facing capture and possibly being eaten alive...

Apart from symbollic value, they have numerous uses. You can use them to relieve a superior officer of command et cetera. You can use them if your carrier is ever boarded by the enemy. And you take them with you into the cockpit. When Iceman got captured, he probably didn't get chopped up without a fight, y'know.

I remember about expert pilots ejecting their vehicles and can quickly take control of any allied land vehicle and increase their veterancy.

Back