I didn't know that

Originally posted by Wolf Dog
In the states we would say a Hawaiian pizza has pineapple and Canadian bacon (ham). I find it kind of funny that we always call ham as a pizza topping Canadian bacon, yet Canadians have no idea what Canadian bacon is. Makes you wonder why the heck we call it Canadian bacon.

Most people as you say dont know the difference and therefore on a pizza it is almost just ham anyway .

But real canadian bacon is a totaly different cut of meat. It Is not actualy ham. It is cut thick and from the back and ends up having little fat. Ham is from the leg/thigh. Usualy smoked a bit too. Thus the reason it is more expensive type of Bacon and thus why people are used to cheap pizza places cheating with ham bits. Therefore back-bacon is pretty much the same as canadian bacon except you can expect the canadian stuff to have a smoked flavor.

oh and it cooks like bacon too. But tasts better! Yumm. Breakfast time!!!

AD

Originally posted by AD

Most people as you say dont know the difference and therefore on a pizza it is almost just ham anyway .

But real canadian bacon is a totaly different cut of meat. It Is not actualy ham. It is cut thick and from the back and ends up having little fat. Ham is from the leg/thigh. Usualy smoked a bit too. Thus the reason it is more expensive type of Bacon and thus why people are used to cheap pizza places cheating with ham bits. Therefore back-bacon is pretty much the same as canadian bacon except you can expect the canadian stuff to have a smoked flavor.

oh and it cooks like bacon too. But tasts better! Yumm. Breakfast time!!!

AD

I had no idea, just thought it was thinly sliced ham. Thanks for the info.

Back