I didn't know Flint was from earth!

Is terraforming Venus even possible?

Ahem, I guess I should phrase that, "Would terraforming Venus be possible in theory?"

------------------
A gun rack? I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns to neccessitate an entire rack.

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited January 15, 2000).]

Hey, Hero, Victory Streak says Vagabond's from the Enigma Sector. Last time I checked, Venus was in Sol Sector.

But, then again, maybe he was born over Venus, then moved around all through Enigma Sector. After all, his callsign is Vagabond.

------------------
A gun rack? I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns to neccessitate an entire rack.

Leto is either Proxima III or Proxima Centauri III. I forgot which. It was mention in Claw Marks

------------------
Meson
Fleet Commander Homepage

Wing Commander is not just a game. It's a lifestyle.

[This message has been edited by Meson (edited January 16, 2000).]

That can't be possible, because i know that she and her brother are from locanda.

"Oh, dang. He's got me. HE'S GOT ME...."
-LAST words before you kick zero's bucket

Another scre-up from Origin. Here are some of the many botch-ups I saw in the WC manuals.

Maniac's homeworld changes from Leto, Proxima Centauri IV to Earth in WC3 or so.

Hawk's homeworld changes from Ella to I forget which planet in WCP.

Kien Chen and Mariko Tanaka in WC1 become Chen Kien and Tanaka Mariko in the KS manual.

Hobbes' nickname, in WC2, comes from the philosopher Hobbes, but in the WC3 novel, it comes from Calvin and Hobbes.

Later WC novels (and the WC3 script) list Angel as French, when she's actually Belgian.

And so forth and so on.

When you deal with a franchise that has so many writers and spans such a long period of time, you're bound to get dozens of errors, oversimplifications, and inconsistencies between them.

Hawk was born on Ella Minora, he grew up on Mylon 2.

>Kien Chen and Mariko Tanaka in WC1 become Chen Kien and Tanaka Mariko in the KS manual.<

Yes, but at least they still have the same names.

>Later WC novels (and the WC3 script) list Angel as French, when she's actually Belgian.<

Hm, never noticed this one. Are you sure?

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Lt. Tanaka is of a Japanes backround (according to Claw Marks)
they go by last name basis from what i seen in most cases
so it is likely some comps read her name backwards (talking WC wise)
also bout Flint,in game she says she's from lacandos (or however thats spelled)
and speaks frequently of her past there
thats also where she goes renagade and take a whole fleet on alone trying to avenge her brother :p

[This message has been edited by Chance (edited January 16, 2000).]

I remember reading that both Vagabond and Maniac were from leto. I dont know if there is any truth to Vagabod being from leto (remember his incomplete files) but I do know that both the WC1 and KS manuals say Maniac is from leto.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

MadDog, I just checked, and Maniac isn't even mentioned in the Kilrathi Saga guide. It doesen't say anywhere where his from.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

hmm, i guess your right.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

I noticed Vegabond was from Enigma acording to "Victory Streak", but I guess that's because of his bio gaps. He probably did most of his work with confed in Enigma, so I think that's the reason
smile.gif

------------------
Evilution!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what the Kilrathi Saga guide says. I think that could explain it Hero, Maniac could have been born on Leto or whatever, but lived most of his life on Earth, in the academy and everthing, same with Flint.

------------------

It doesn't have to be an origin mistake so much as a computer file thing internally. If the system doesn't have your real place of birth, it just puts Earth in. As for another thing in this thread, Venus Terraforming began way back in 2079.

The best info on the homeworlds in WC4 is still Panther's: "Deep Space". What does that mean? Is it unknown or was she found floating around out there?
smile.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Maybe she was born in a outpost somewhere that's not orbiting any major planet, or she was born while her mother was in a spaceship...

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

Well, Paladin's from Ares (the station around Venus)
smile.gif

I looked at the KS manual and there's no mentioning about Maniac's homeworld...

------------------
Evilution!

I've seen on some web page that Vag. is from Ares too.

------------------

It doesn't have to be an origin mistake so much as a computer file thing internally. If the system doesn't have your real place of birth, it just puts Earth in. As for another thing in this thread, Venus Terraforming began way back in 2079.

I'm really sorry to bump this piece of archeology, but out of curiosity Chris, is that from somewhere in canon? I've wondered about Vagabond's homeworld for some time, hence why I'm even resurrecting this :p

Wow! This thread is one of the oldest I have ever seen being resurrected in any web forum. :D
Still interesting, it contains pieces of information I didn't remember either.

Back