I´m so happy with my new WCIV

Re: Re: Re: Re: I´m so happy with my new WCIV

Originally posted by Preacher
And Starkey: Pesos?...The linked page contained the figure "$20". Last I checked, that meant 20 bucks US

That´s typical imperialistic behavior :p The "$" symbol means MONEY in general, in every country of the world. The U.S. dollar symbol is "US$", Real (Brazilian currency) is R$. I don´t know what the "Peso" symbol is like, maybe they just go with the "$".

Originally posted by Preacher
and their primary export is beef if im not mistaken.
make for good beef jerky here in the US.

<moment of silence to honor the Argentinean "picanha maturada"> Yes, they do export a lot of beef, the best in the world in my opinion, but they are major exporters of many other products too.

That´s typical imperialistic behavior The "$" symbol means MONEY in general, in every country of the world. The U.S. dollar symbol is "US$", Real (Brazilian currency) is R$. I don´t know what the "Peso" symbol is like, maybe they just go with the "$".

Not in England. They've got that weird L doohickey.

That´s right, and they have that funny E for Euro, but outside the U.S., if you write "$" people think of currency in general, not specifically dollars.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I´m so happy with my new WCIV

Originally posted by Starkey
<moment of silence to honor the Argentinean "picanha maturada"> Yes, they do export a lot of beef, the best in the world in my opinion, but they are major exporters of many other products too.
Extremely tasty apples and old, ugly Ford compact cars come to mind. :)

Wait....Ford Compact Cars???
Most of the cars (because of the Mercosur) comes from Brazil...a tleast the Ford ugliest ones (like the Ka or the oldest big ones Orion and Galaxy) and i think that some Chevrolet ones too :D

I meant the Fiesta... and hey, the Orion and Galaxy weren't ugly... they were stylish! :p

I thought Americans wrote $ with 2 strokes through it.

But it does get confusing with all the different 'dollars' out there. I prefer trader language: USD is USD, AUD is the 'Aussie' and the NZD is the 'Kiwi'.

Originally posted by StarLight
I thought Americans wrote $ with 2 strokes through it.

it really depends how much money it is.
if it is a small amount, we use one line.
if it's a medium amount, we use 2.
if it's an unGodly amount of money, we use 3.
but i hear bill gates uses five lines though.....

Originally posted by Happy
it really depends how much money it is.
if it is a small amount, we use one line.
if it's a medium amount, we use 2.
if it's an unGodly amount of money, we use 3.

I've never heard of anyone doing that before.

Originally posted by Delance
WCIV still attracts money...

Yeah, just the other day I saw someone with a WC4 attached to a stick running it through the sand at the beach trying to find loose change.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I´m so happy with my new WCIV

Originally posted by Starkey
That´s typical imperialistic behavior :p The "$" symbol means MONEY in general, in every country of the world. .
Not really.

Yes, in general it means money.
But, AFAIK, when you stick it in front of a specific number (with no modifiers, like "R" or "USD"), the default meaning is "dollars", which again, by default usually means US dollars.

Originally posted by Happy
i forgot to mention my liberal use of sarcasm.....

From dictionary.com

sar·casm

A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

Back