Huds in UE2

Personally, I prefer having a whole cockpit rather than just some Huds. Gives a much more immersive feel to a game.

Also, when it comes to Hud color, blue is best.

I'm with Bugrof on this. If it is possible, a complete cockpit greatly immerses one in the game, and adds a touch of realism. It also makes it seem more like a serious sim ...

well, a full cockpit would be possible, but very difficult.
the other thing is that they wouldn't be able to be turned off

Wouldn´t making full cockpits be easier if you based them upon the original WC1-WC2 cockpit drawings?

drawing that stuff isn't easy, you know ;)
But still, I think more would complain that you couldn't turn the full cockpit off than the amount of people that want them in

Maybe that could be fixed with a setup option of some sort. Check option A to use the TRE file with the rendered cockpits, check option B to use the TRE file with the old-style floating HUDs.

I don't understand why some people don't like full cockpits. I really liked those in WC3 more than on any others.

just the HUD is more efficient, and that's where the pilot is looking the whole time.

Filler said:
just the HUD is more efficient, and that's where the pilot is looking the whole time.

Yes but with the Full cocpit ,you got the "feeling" and a better atmosphere ;)

Personally, I really hate full cockpits as it massively reduces the view and makes it far harder to track targets. This problem was especially prominent when flying the Rapier (in WC2 at least, still trying to get WC1 to work properly).
I'm not sure if full cockpit screens would work terribly in the Vision engine as the controls are much finer than in the previous games (at least to a mouse user like me)

Like I say I loved the WC4 Hud, I just took it as the cockpit was there, you just weren't looking at it.

That said, in X-Wing Alliance I always have the cockpit on. Even the upgraded X-Wing, where half the view is obstructed.

Back