Huds in UE2

U

Unregistered

are there any suggestions for the HUDs in UE2?
or constuctive criticizm from the UE1 HUDs? or some ideas for UE2 etc

anyone care to give me some ideas for UE2?
is it just me and quarto in this forum?
doesn't anyone want to play UE2?

Well I wanna play UE2 but the HUDs in UE1 were pretty spectacular.

My only thought is that I would like to see the return of the blue HUDs as seen in the WC4 BW fighters but that is hardly a burning issue. I think generally speaking most people would like to see new ships and new features rather than fine-tune something that is just about perfect as it is.

Anyway, I expect at least as many if not more people like the green HUDs more than the blue anyway so no worries there anyway.

The HUDs are great just the way they are.
Although some naked lady pinups would be nice.;)

not cool enought for anyone to post ideas though, apparently :p
I'd like a traditional blue hud for the banshee, powers permitting, of course.

I´ve got ideas, but you guys need to say which ships are you planning to use in UE2, first.

Generally speaking, I´d like to see some simple, rustic, old-looking HUDs for the old fighters and hi-tech looking HUDs for the new ones. It doesn´t feel right to have fighters as old as the Scimitar with HUDs as cool as the most modern Confed fighters.

I know that HUDs and computers can be upgraded, just like they do with old aircraft, but still...

As for the Banshee, blue and silver would be great.

Originally posted by Starkey
Generally speaking, I´d like to see some simple, rustic, old-looking HUDs for the old fighters and hi-tech looking HUDs for the new ones. It doesn´t feel right to have fighters as old as the Scimitar with HUDs as cool as the most modern Confed fighters.
That's really a technology issue. I mean, Filler could certainly do HUDs that look like WC1/2 displays. It's been done in Standoff, after all. But - like in Standoff - they won't look rustic, because they will be implemented the same way that they are in WCP, as displays floating in the air.

Originally posted by Quarto
But - like in Standoff - they won't look rustic, because they will be implemented the same way that they are in WCP, as displays floating in the air.

Eder already explained that in the other thread, thanks, but the Standoff HUDs have the "feeling" I mentioned.

Filler, my ideas are still quite general, but with some feedback from you and other CZers we can develop them:

1) You could keep the Kilrathi HUDs, they look absolutely great.

2) For the old Confed fighters, blend some WC1/WC2 HUDs with some WCP technology, to get that "old, but revamped fighter" feeling. How? I don´t know, YOU´re the artist here :D

3) Finally, for the Border Worlds fighters, spread the VDU´s and displays a la WC4, where we first saw them.

Actually, I could do WC3-style cockpits in Standoff, but people wouldn't be able to turn them off. And somehow we'd have to lock the "permanent gauges" setting. And we'd need to find someone good enough with pre-rendered stuff to make cockpits for us. When it comes down to it, I don't think it's worth the trouble.

--Eder

Originally posted by Starkey
3) Finally, for the Border Worlds fighters, spread the VDU´s and displays a la WC4, where we first saw them.
Hmm, you want us to imitate the game with the worst cockpits ever? :p

I hate WC4 cockpits because they felt more like a game interface than a fighter cockpit. I mean, the previous cockpits had also been game interfaces, obviously, but they at least tried to conceal it.

Re: Huds

Well, I personally found the HUDs in UE1 to be rather "gameish", to explain, I look to this side i see my health, I look here i see my weapons etc. I personally would like to a combat orientated HUD, with non critical things being located off to the edges in tradition, but more crucial things such as shields etc being closer to the center and perhaps part of the targeting sight themselves. Oh, and blue rocks. Personal preference of course, no real reason other then it may be slightly easier on the eye then green.

Back