How does one...

Constantly.

It gets so annoying that I've allowed cookies only from crius.net just to use the CZ easier.

Little do you know, we're secretly selling your information to companies who may have interesting offers for you!

If you can't log in from another computer, it means that you're not using the correct username and password. I know of several people who have posted from different locations.

Yep, I also posted from the PC at the firm I worked. But mostly (even now) I am at home. But even there we have 2 PCs. I am always somewhere else. In the holidays I'll post from Bavaria *g*. It's funny. But it really works if you log yourself correct in.

Does anyone feel guilty about using a work computer to discuss wing commander. BTW I at work right now and am supposed to be designing an entire subdivision's water and sewer utilities as well as the street HAHA! If my boss found out what I'm doing I probably be fired.

Then don't do it in work-time.:)
We want nobody to loose his job.
But it was the same situation. I became member here after I saw this site in the www . But it was funny. It was in the midi-brake, there I always surfed in the www .
Then, some months later, I had again a boring holiday-job at that firm. But I was member here. So, I wrote first again in the brake, later just during work-time. I always got the site in the background. It was just funny when the chef came in. Then I had to change quick and immidiately. If I not I'd also have had a problem. Less money would have been the lowest punishment. But maybe also loosing the holiday-job. It didn't happen and at home only my parents care. Little too much.

Heh, I first found out about the WC community while working. Actually, since before this time I had very little contact with the internet, it's kinda funny... I mean, there I am, using the web for the third, fourth time in my life, and what do I search for? Wing Commander! :)

And then, a week later, I got an even better idea... since this was a university job, and a friend of mine was working at a different place at the university, and since the entire campus was hooked up into a LAN... well, the words "Armada: Proving Grounds" come to mind ;).

I found out about the CIC while (supposedly) working on a Biology lab report, while I was taking a break!
If I recall correctly, I got so addicted straight away that I had to work up until 4:00am the next day to finish up the report... and wake up at 9:00am to type it up before noon... :)

[Edited by mpanty on 06-26-2001 at 16:44]

Originally posted by Michael_A
Does anyone feel guilty about using a work computer to discuss wing commander. BTW I at work right now and am supposed to be designing an entire subdivision's water and sewer utilities as well as the street HAHA! If my boss found out what I'm doing I probably be fired.

Discussing the physics in Wing Commander and other sci fi universes, are staples in any college physocs classroom.

[Edited by Meson on 06-27-2001 at 04:47]

Originally posted by KrisV
Little do you know, we're secretly selling your information to companies who may have interesting offers for you!
I don't know what to say. Interestingly enough, I've had two e-mails from PC Authority in my uni address... and I don't ever recall writing to PC Authority. Oh well.

Why no work, LOAF? Sounds like a great job - getting paid to read the CZ. And that SO1 quote fails to come to mind...

It must have been those ITS people, Wedge... they'll stoop to anything to make students' lives miserable!

Back