How do you .....

btw priv wil work in windows but it takes ages, and is very unstable,
Like I said to Zor, I'm very sceptical :).

Yes, Armada does have network play (using IPX and NetBios). This network play is of course limited to 1-on-1, but that's easily solved by downloading Origin's free and very wonderful Proving Grounds addon. Then you can play with as many as six players altogether.

When you say Privateer will run in Windows, do you mean in a DOS window, or under a DOS reboot?

I had to build an old DOS box just to play Privateer.

Dammit, AFAWK no version of Privateer or Armada (except an inhouse Origin made windows Armada update that was never released). The versions of JEMM (the memory manager used by most WC games) that Privateer and Armada use are incompatible with W9x's protected mode.

TC

dont even ask about wc1 on todays pcs. i tried it on my 800mhz a few months ago. if you could see who was shooting you before you died you were a lucky man. it runs at least 30 times as fast as it should. i wouldnt even bother trying

try using moslo and/or disabling your cache. If you don't understand what I just said, ask in the Tech Support Zone

TC

That's funny. Even on my old 386 I have to turn off the 'turbo' function to play WC1 else it goes a bit fast. Playable, but too fast all the same.

i lost the cd. and anyway i would think it would be better on my 233 mhz.

and by the way i always used to play it on a 386-25. my mates 486-33 was waaaaay to fast

Armada in Win 9x...

Sorry i haven't replied sooner, been way too busy lately.

Ok, I may get these steps mixed up, (i haven't done it in about a year) but I'll double check them when I get home!

First, there's a prog. that normally runs under windows. It's the Wing Commander Time line thingy. I'll post later about how to install the game, 'cause I can't remember exactly. (it's wierd too.)

First, After you have installled it, find the .exe file for the game, and go to its properties. Click on the program tab, then the advanced properties button. UNCHECK, suggest msdos mode, and CHECK use MSDOS mode. Then Select 'specify new ms-dos config'. after that, click on the configuration button, and enable EMS memory and the mouse. click apply and ok. then run it. It should reboot to 'dos' an automatically run it. make sure you have a joystick plugged in because I never got the mouse to work (too lazy) so I just used the joystick instead.

IF, I am remembering correctly, that will work. I'm @ schol right now, so there isn't a way for me too see if it works or not. BUT, I will check it when I get home today and tell you guys if I remembered right or not. (and how to install it.)

Hopefully this is how i did it, if it isn't I'll tell you exactly how to do it. :)

ARMADA DOES WORK!!!!!!!

It works. took a couple of screenshots of the win config screens. go to http://dreamwater.com/tcstarawa/armada/ to see them. also there is the config.sys and autoexec.bat. got the mouse to work too. you must have dos drivers for it though. go and see, then play the game for yourself and know that I am right:)!

Hate to tell you this Zor, no one said it couldn't be ran in Win9x's Dos mode, they said it couldn't be ran in Win9x.

armada

Well, maybe people should be more specific about how they want to run it.......It ran didn't it. That was the only argument. And dos in win 95 isn't dos. its a dos shell. which is still part of windows. Because if you'll notice it says: Windows 95 is now attempting to run your ms-dos program.

if it runs, it runs.

Back