How do you .....

Dark Tower

Rear Admiral
How do you play the first installments of wing commander. I've got another computer to play them on and i was wondering how everyone else copes with the speed increase.

The dos versions don't work on anything higher than win 3.1. so u have to have a 2/3/486 to run them. and if youre planing on playing WC1, make sure you have a set of dos 3.2 disks otherwise it won't work either. Trust me, I spent many hours trying to figure out how to get all of the old games to work on my various computers. In the end I just got a 486 and it works great! And then I also bough KS, so i have the best of both worlds!:)

Moslo is the only Dos slowdown utitlity right ? I don't know how it works, strange stratup code

Zor, just because you're incapable of doing something doesn't mean it's impossible.

I am capable of playing all the WC Games (except Armada and Privateer which are, at this time, impossible to play in W9x) in Windows.

TC

TC: HOW HOW HOW can I get my WC2 with the 2 add ons to work on my Windows ME and by able to play them with out it being tooooo fast.

WC2 has a built in speed limiter. Just the movies play insanely fast (you can still read the subtitles). The gameplay should be fine.

TC

Gentlemen, I've got a boot config for a seperate boot disk which I still use to run ARMADA on my system, even with the DOS operating system 7.10 which comes with Windows95. I'm currently at work, but if anyone would like the configuration, just post the word, and I'll post the appropriate portions of my AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files so you can make use of the ol' favorites. :) I gotta get home to check my boot disk first, so I can't so it right away.

Gentlemen, I've got a boot config for a seperate boot disk which I still use to run ARMADA on my system, even with the DOS operating system 7.10 which comes with Windows95. I'm currently at work, but if anyone would like the configuration, just post the word, and I'll post the appropriate portions of my AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files so you can make use of the ol' favorites. :) I gotta get home to check my boot disk first, so I can't do it right away.

Armada

Zor, just because you're incapable of doing something doesn't mean it's impossible.

I am capable of playing all the WC Games (except Armada and Privateer which are, at this time, impossible to play in W9x) in Windows.

exsqueeze me? I didn't say it was impossible, just hard. and u know what? I did it! The Original games work, AND, i just happen to be playing WC1-WCP all at the same time! (it's actually kind of wierd, 4 or 5 missions here, 2 or 3 there, and so on.)

Oh and by the way mr. impossible, armada does work in the win 9x kernel!

Perhaps Armada can be made to run... but it certainly cannot be made to play via modem -- and if you haven't played Armada or Proving Grounds with a friend, you haven't lived!

(Well, you've probably lived... but what sort of life is it?)

Originally posted by TC
TC

well i don't know jack about computers, but (thanks to my cousin) i can play all the WC games under Windows (i got saga tho) but i can play P1 and 2 and academy, but aramada still won't run...

priv whinges in windows
Armada will not work ful stop, trust me i know
Priv2 works but crashes
all the rest will work even wc1 but thats fast

To use moslow you must issue this parameters:

Moslow /50 program_name.exe

or

Moslow /50 program_name.com

the /50 means you need to run your program at 50% the normal speed. Lower number means lower speed. ;)

WC 1 can run on moderm machines using Win9x. I run the game in Win98 SE in Amd K6-2 400. It's blazing fast.

To run P1 make a boot disk (y have the gold edition)
with emm386 with all the ram you have and i=b00-f000 (or somethin like this. if you want to know more put emm386 /?
but i can´t put SFX because make crazy noises

does armada have network play? or is it only serial?
(and modem obviously)

btw priv wil work in windows but it takes ages, and is very unstable,

Back