• Yeah, and I'm between 20 and 30

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Sure, and I'm a 30+ WC fan

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • You're kidding!! That's ancient history, a collector's item

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Huh? Didn't know that I only read the goodbye thread. It didn't look like he had stress with anyone. *sigh* :( That will I have to look-up. Tomarrow.

Re: Re: 30+

Originally posted by mpanty

the hide-and-seek adventures he had with WC games and his wife were very funny... :)

LOL now THAT must really be a 30+ thing!! Me I'm the lucky one: compulsive insomniac with my own study to seek refuge and shelter on board the TCS Victory, the Tiger Claw.. you name them.

It's true that sometimes a few written words hit home a lot harder than you actually meant. I'm short-fused myself as well but i bite back!

Unfortunately sometimes I find myself cooling off with more that just the seat of someone's pants left on the crime scene.. getting a weird collection of bottles with body parts unmentionable on aqua fortis :))

In advance... sorry guys, in real life i'm much nicer (lol now THAT's easy!)

Wow, You´re insomniac...You´re a luckie One !! :p

Try Melatol or some Psychofarm. like Dormicum.

Dr. Ghost

LOL don't they use that stuff on you just before surgery?? What are you trying to do to me, Ghost??

Thanx for the suggestion, but no thanx. I got a kid to take care of and a chat board to bother. A few more weeks and i celebrate my 10 years free of dramamine, that's enough of pills for a lifetime

Hmm, I hit 20 in 18 days... but I played Secret Missions last Saturday, and the Vega Campaign the Sunday before! :)

The Vega Campaign doesn't take all that long to complete... but the SM missions, some of them at least, are an absolute bitch!
Of course, WC3-5 had difficulty options, where they weren't even needed -the hardest difficulties there often easier than WC1 missions.

If you'll look closely, you may discover a so called "shift key" near the left Ctrl, Caps lock and Tab. This mysterious thing allows you to capitalize certain letters, like "I".
hehehe :)

Well if your playing wc1 on the same machine as wcIV without a slowdown utility then yes I suppose the wc1 missions are signifigantly harder ;) , otherwise I'd say wcIV on the hardest difficulty is harder then wc1 and wcIII on the hardest difficulty is close counting sm but still harder.

I do that and I didn't find WC1 significantly harder.
No I don't have Jedi reflexes, I have Kilrathi Saga... :D
Playing some of the games with the keyboard also makes them a lot harder. WC2 refuses to go diagonal most of the times, and WC3 steers in steps, so it's near impossible to target anybody correctly.
Long live my SideWinder Force Feedback II (now for a WC that supports FF...)

Dekkar,
WC1 KS is perfectly playable - even on this machine (1GHz Athlon).
Unforgiven, I still mantain that all Sidewinders newer than the 3D Pro are of a horrible design :(

I never used older SideWinders, so I don't know about them, but I find the FF2 works for me. Personal preference probably weighs heavy here.

Anybody knows a way to grab the WC1 and WC2 sets out of the KS cd's? I've got all the originals, but am getting po'ed by all those slowdown programmes that don't do what you want or have other crazy disadvantages/hidden features
And if anybody does know, would that anybody be as kind as to help me out here????

Originally posted by Stormbird
LOL don't they use that stuff on you just before surgery?? What are you trying to do to me, Ghost??

Thanx for the suggestion, but no thanx. I got a kid to take care of and a chat board to bother. A few more weeks and i celebrate my 10 years free of dramamine, that's enough of pills for a lifetime

Melatol isn´t a Psiychofarmac...in Argentina is free-sell,......but Dramamine isn´t for Insomnia !!!

Happy 10 years of Dramamine-free !!

Originally posted by Stormbird
Anybody knows a way to grab the WC1 and WC2 sets out of the KS cd's? I've got all the originals, but am getting po'ed by all those slowdown programmes
You can't do that just because you own the originals. And FYI, even the KS versions can have some speed problems. You can get KS WC1 from a PC Gamer CD, and they'll probably put WC2 on one too someday.

akshara I had the 3d pro but since its not USB compataible I had to part with it with my new PC and learn to play RIGHT HANDED with the Precision Pro, and you know what it make take half a life time to get used to but once you do you can hardly call it a horrible design :)
I'm playing right handed and I'm actually MORE accurate, now thats a good designs :)

Why wouldn't you use a USB joystick?

And a lot of sound cards have poor joystick connectors.

And my sound cards joystick port is hooked to a MIDI keyboard (Roland E-96 for those of you that wanted to know, that is... nobody). Since most FF devices (at least all of those by MS) use the MIDI part of the port for FF signals, they don't work anymore when going through a MIDI/gameport splitter.
So I'm grateful for the USB SideWinder FF2.

And just in general, USB rocks. As do IEEE1394 and USB2. Those are the future. Parallel and Serial and Gameport and PS/2 are all dead imho.

Kris: Simple solution - don't buy a sound card that doesn't then. Both my Live! joyport and the PCI128 onboard controller work perfectly fine...

Unforgiven, FireWire rocks, yes... USB is just... ugh. Although I guess it's okay for things like Mice, Keyboards, Joysticks. Last joystick I bought though was a MSSW Precision Pro, which was still DB15. Wonder if, with one of the adapters supplied with any other joysticks, I could use this using USB.... doubt it :/
Would be nice to be able to chain the Joystick off the keyboard though (like the mouse).

USB's main problem is that it's too slow. But since I only connect my Mouse, Joystick and Scanner that's not too much of a problem (yes my keyboard is still PS/2 unfortunately).
And USB2 fixes that. But for now for things like digital camera of webcam or other 'heavy' stuff I'd definitely prefer IEEE1394 (which is btw still faster than USB2 as well).

Back